Sign in to follow this  
Numb-nuts

Its here the very latest Field Test monitor

We had two ....... Problem is NO THEY DONT DO IP AND NO THEY DONT DO STANDARD ANALOG.

and num-nut I am not pulling it apart ..... We bought two and it is misleading

First it will only do analog if VGA output is taken from dvr and same with IP IF OUTPUT is taken from NVR. It's not a tester you can use at camera end.

POE tester side is just multimeter

Another good tester that works very well on IP

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/network-analyzer-ping-traceroute/id557405467?mt=8

And also displays camera image in wifi range and also alter ip addresses well worth a look

Read my post numb nuts I said I was not having a go I was saying how they work

But just let me remind you YOUR YEAR IN ANALOG CCTV MAKE YOU A LEARNER

SO YOUR spec for your meter sold under your name is junk

BUT TELL ME WHY DO YOU THINK UN PLUG MONITOR FROM DVRs monitor just to plug into that tester WHY WHY WHY

JUST USE THE MONITOR WHY WHY HAVE A TESTER YOU CANT PLUG CANERA INTO AT CAMERA END (only SDI )

And your having a go at me

Your selling as test monitor ITS NOT

Frankly I don't know how anyone actually sees anything with any screen outdoors. The best I've come up with is remote view on my cell phone just to get the aim about right. But outdoors is very tough. Indoors where you can actually see the screen properly, ok. But outdoors it's very tough to see what's on the screen.

I end up using a little of a hodge podge to get cameras adjusted.

My shop has a cheap mini monitor with a TFT LCD screen that's tough to see in bright daylight. Plus the connections are a little shot but it works enough. I usually do the jacket thing too.

For ip, I use a combination of a tablet sometimes and sometimes my laptop.

I can't for the life of me, figure out why my boss bought me a $1300 laptop when I'm typically hanging off the side of a ladder or lift with it in order to adjust cameras.

I also use the remote view apps for the different systems when doing a final tweak.

Alot of times at schools and what not, I'll just remote into the nvr server from out at the camera.

What do I need to do to view a Hik camera on my phone via wifi using my phones web browser?

252842_1.jpg

you need ivms 4500 from the app store.

Frankly I don't know how anyone actually sees anything with any screen outdoors. The best I've come up with is remote view on my cell phone just to get the aim about right. But outdoors is very tough. Indoors where you can actually see the screen properly, ok. But outdoors it's very tough to see what's on the screen.

It's not so bad.... lately we use monitors that dangle from the neck, prop on the chest, or hang it from the camera. Much of the time the sun is on another side of the building, or you can turn... not a big problem IMO...of course, sometimes for outdoor cameras, depending on what's being installed, the connections are inside the building so we have to 2 man it anyway at the end.

Years ago probably in 2006 I had an eyeglass monitor, it was supposed to simulate a 50" screen at 10 feet or whatever. They looked like what Jeordie Laforge (sp) from Star Trek TNG wore, and they sat high enough on the nose that peripheral vision was still there (see the ladder and surroundings).

252849_1.jpg

......will/way.....

Looks like hijackings don't only happen on airlines...

How can it be hijacked.

First read my first post .... I said I was not pulling it apart .

But all I did BECAUSE WE HAVE HAD THEM is they do not test IP THEY DO NOT TEST ANALOG which in your EDITED POST REMOVED YOUR DISCRIPTION

but again second post in I SAID it's not to start a fight I was pointing out a fact

But since you edited your post after getting a reply I take it you looked again at manual and found my reply to your posted description was right or you would not of removed it

Let's see what reply you give it was a reply to a standard post

Nothing nasty in it AS YOUR MAKING OUT. WE USED IT THATS WHY I ANSWERED POST