bukhari

Hikvision Remote Access Problem

Hi

I have added my HIKVISION DVR to hik-online.com, it gave me an IP and URL to access it but when I open that link it displays that IP and the page says

ERROR

The requested URL could not be retrieved

How to access my DVR remotely please

Forget relying on third party sites for connection to your DVR. When things go wrong it's impossible to contact anyone for help.

The only way you will have any control over this is the standard port forwarding method.

The other methods ONLY exist as a marketing solution and a pretty poor one at that.

Forget relying on third party sites for connection to your DVR. When things go wrong it's impossible to contact anyone for help.

The only way you will have any control over this is the standard port forwarding method.

The other methods ONLY exist as a marketing solution and a pretty poor one at that.

Have u try HIK DDNS yourself ?

Yeah... I'm with numb-nuts (that sounded bad... ). You really should port-forward.

That relying-on-a-third-party-redirect stuff is for the birds. It's yet another point of failure in an already-complex system.

Yeah... I'm with numb-nuts (that sounded bad... ). You really should port-forward.

That relying-on-a-third-party-redirect stuff is for the birds. It's yet another point of failure in an already-complex system.

Ok

u open ports and then what ?

your ip is dynamic

what do u do ?

just curios

Ok

u open ports and then what ?

your ip is dynamic

what do u do ?

just curios

254003_1.jpg

(actually, if I'm forced to use a dynamic address, I use DYNDNS)

(actually, if I'm forced to use a dynamic address, I use DYNDNS)

So u will use third-party-redirect stuff ?

*I* won't... that's only for other peoples' installations.

I'll use a dynamic DNS service in somebody else's system if absolutely forced to do so... but I'm more confident in the performance of of somebody like DYN. Nothing against Hikvision's own DNS service, but I think you could do better.

Just sayin'