garabaldi

Facial Recognition and Shoplifting Database

Hello all.

First time poster.

I am opening a jewellery shop in Manchester (UK) and a friend of mine who works for Tesco claims they use facial recognition systems that shares data on shoplifters and it alerts store security as soon as a known shoplifter walks in.

Is this technology actually available? It all sounds a little far fetch to me, but I would love to tap into that sort of system for my business.

Who would be the best organisations to speak to if it is indeed available. Appreciate any help.

Best regards,

Garabaldi

Hi. Yes it's possible Manchester area you will find most of the systems are avigilon. Along with most of city cams

But if you are not connected to the city monitoring then you will just have face finder or face recall.

Thanks tomcctv. Thanks for the reply.

I've looked in to subscribing to UK national facial recognition databases and city monitoring schemes but my searches turn up a blank.

Do you have any advice on where I would start with subscribing to these schemes? A link or organisation name would be very helpful.

Thanks,

Garabaldi

Thanks tomcctv. Thanks for the reply.

I've looked in to subscribing to UK national facial recognition databases and city monitoring schemes but my searches turn up a blank.

Do you have any advice on where I would start with subscribing to these schemes? A link or organisation name would be very helpful.

Thanks,

Garabaldi

I cannot comment about security procedures that Tesco's utilise, but you are unlikely to be able to connect to any face recognition database due to Data Protection regulations (check out the ICO web site).

I would suggest that you look at Shopwatch (see http://shopwatchonline.co.uk/schemesite-county.php?c=95 and Facewatch (seehttps://www.facewatch.co.uk/cms/)

Don't forget that when planning security for an establishment like yours, CCTV should not be considered as the sole solution. Also think of access control, alarms and smoke cloak.

Ilkie

Yes I agree with ilk because you are private company not public section. Thsoe data base is impossible to share for you or security company.

Only one way to do is store all of staff face to facial recognise system, then some strange guy would be pick up via system.