mitch5252

What Is IT Called-Full Screen Scrolling of Indiv. Cameras?

Well, I'm a struggling Extreme Novice. Currently, I have a 4-camera DVR with only 2 cameras attached.

I am looking to purchase a new (and hopefully, inexpensive) DVR. What I must have is the ability to automatically scroll between ONLY the two cameras in full screen mode, with adjustable timing (like only 3 seconds or so per screen).

I just bought a really inexpensive DVR from Aliexpress. This DVR will only scroll through like this:

Camera 1 View

Camera 2 View

NO VIDEO (on the screen)

NO VIDEO (on the screen)

I want a machine to be able to NOT see the NO VIDEO INPUT on cameras #3 and #4. That's what my current DVR does, but the audio portion is not working. Hence, the need for another DVR.

What in the world is this "function" called? How to I refer to it to ask the question about a DVR I might want to buy?

This cheap machine from Aliexpress has a "multiplexer", but I cannot turn "off" the scrolling view of the inputs with no camera - this machine only scrolls through all 4 camera inputs. My eyes have gone blurry from reading online trying to find the answer. And then this site popped up - Hopefully, the answer to my driving-me-nuts questions!

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Michelle

The function you're talking about is sequencing.

Some DVRs allow you to have it so only live cameras are included in the sequence, others just go through all inputs

The function you're talking about is sequencing.

Some DVRs allow you to have it so only live cameras are included in the sequence, others just go through all inputs

So, my question for a potential purchase would be "can I set the DVR so only live cameras are sequenced?"

Is that ability only found in higher end DVRs?

Wish I'd found this Forum earlier!!!

I'm sure there are cheaper DVRs that can do it. Hopefully someone here can recommend one.

It's best to check with the seller first just beware that many sellers are not honest and may tell you what you want to hear.

Yes dahua can do that and you can make the delay whatever you want. Take your pick, although I strongly recommend the ultimate mini.

http://www.securitycameraking.com/4-channel-security-dvrs-200-ctg.html

Does SecurityCameraKing provide good support (considering my extreme newbee-ness...)

And this is a Dahua even though it is not labeled as such?

The reviews are really good!

Regards,

Michelle

Just remember when purchasing that DVR that it doesn't come with a hard drive at the initial price.

You just have to add it in when buying.

Just remember when purchasing that DVR that it doesn't come with a hard drive at the initial price.

You just have to add it in when buying.

I was wondering if I could take the hard drive out of my old DVR and put it in the new? Otherwise, the 1T drive is only an additional $120.

I'm going to start another thread with some more newbee questions...

Thanks for your replies!

Michelle

You should be able to swap the hard from the old unit. When installing in the new one, format it from the new Dvr menu. Use a US on the Dvr in case of power outages and glitches.