Sign in to follow this  
bsypher

Installation & Labor Price

Hello,

I have recently been given a hand full of CCTV installation projects and I have never done one before. My first project is going to be a church/daycare facility and they currently have the following

Front Door- one Camera

Lobby- One Camera

Admin office- two cameras

Classroom 1- one camera

They are running zmoda with POE at the moment and they are looking to expand out to about 9 cameras total.

The existing wiring is CAT 6 and is fine upon inspection.

I am potentially looking at 4 new installs/cabling and potentially one wireless camera due to it's location on a brick wall.

I wanted to know what a typical hourly rate would be for someone who knew was experienced but competitive.

Also, are these project typically billed by the hour or are they a fixed cost labor+materials?

-what is a rough estimate of labor cost per camera? I know it varies but I wanted to know roughly what it would be in a major US city. I was thinking 75-95/hr?

- I know they are noob questions, thank you so much.

Put it this way. If you were doing the job for me and I found out you had never done one before then I would not pay you an hourly rate. I would pay you a job rate on completion and acceptance.

"are they a fixed cost labor+materials?"

Most of my customers are this model. They also mark up the materials a bit to make more profit. Then sometimes extra service calls after the job are like $50-70 per visit.

If its your first install I suggest you go with a local distributor with dedicated tech support rather than a zmodo brand where the support is spotty and long waiting time. If your distributor is good enough they will offer any of the following service:

-teamviewer into your laptop to do the port forwarding for you

-help you setup specific motion detection region and recording

-help with password reset

-rename your cameras for you

-walk you through how to backup the data

-basically do the job of a software/setup technician for you for free.

You want 75+ an hour and you don't have the first clue as to what you are doing?

I am also guessing you don't have the proper tools nor insurance to be operating a business, there is more to it than just showing up and sticking cameras on a wall.