Sign in to follow this  
vinstaruser

Cabling for CCTV across the building to building

Anyone can advise which way is the best to lay cabling(RJ45 CAT6) with analgue/IP camera connected from various building within the premises to centralised location? Wireless approach or using BNC type?

Fiber is the best option.

I second that

no grounding issues

Even though I had a building inspector wanting the fiber connection and box (plastic) grounded, I said its plastic how do I ground it? He said just run a ground conductor to it because it is a new code.

I second that

no grounding issues

Even though I had a building inspector wanting the fiber connection and box (plastic) grounded, I said its plastic how do I ground it? He said just run a ground conductor to it because it is a new code.

Why are these people allowed to continue breeding ?

As for the OP , whichever way you go don't use RG6 it IS NOT better for noise immunity than RG59 when used at CCTV baseband frequencies. It is designed for RF frequencies.

I second that

no grounding issues

Why are these people allowed to continue breeding ?

As for the OP , whichever way you go don't use RG6 it IS NOT better for noise immunity than RG59 when used at CCTV baseband frequencies. It is designed for RF frequencies.

I wasn't even the installer, I was the point of contact for the permit, the work was done by the telephone company. It was a public school building and I was an employee at the time. I just handed it over to the school electrician and he laughed his butt off.