Sign in to follow this  
geordie237

Dedicated Micros Digital Sprite 2 onboard viewer.

Background: DM digital sprite has an onboard GUI for use over LAN. It is accessed by typing the DS IP address into internet explorer (on your networked home computer) and the Graphical User interface (GUI) appears requiring the password 'DS' and 'WEB' to access. Digital Sprite Users will be aware of this.

Problem: Once the GUI has been accessed you can view live video etc from the cameras you have plugged in. However, Im getting a 'netscape plugin is out of date or not installed' message, and i am not able to view cameras.

Information: I have DM Netview installed and it works fine for all cameras. I am trying to set the system for remote viewing.

Question: can I utilise DM netview for remote viewing, or would the onboard DS GUI programme be better ( as it has an IP) and if so how do I sort out the 'netscape out of date' problem.

thanks

geordie

Problem: Once the GUI has been accessed you can view live video etc from the cameras you have plugged in. However, Im getting a 'netscape plugin is out of date or not installed' message, and i am not able to view cameras.

You could try downloading the latest version of the software from the DM website rather than using the older version on the DVR hard drive. However these are quite old units now and the internet viewing isn't comparable to modern systems IMHO.