Sign in to follow this  
empedokles

FTP-access to the image folder of a HIkvision?

Jpeg snapshot every 500 or 1000 milliseconds.

In different IPC differently this delay.

But I did not like the quality!

But it all depends on the task!

Well, I'm not too familiar with FTP (But I remember I used FTP client to get my website online once).

What would I use if I store these pictures on my usual desktop via FTP?

Well, I'm not too familiar with FTP (But I remember I used FTP client to get my website online once).

What would I use if I store these pictures on my usual desktop via FTP?

Once you ftp to your desktop you can view the pictures the same way you would view any pictures on your desktop. They are stored in a directory/folder that you designate when you set up the ftp.

As I understand the Hikvision settings, the camera sends something via its own FTP-client. Hence I believe I would need an FTP server on my Desktop, nocht a file client.

As I understand the Hikvision settings, the camera sends something via its own FTP-client. Hence I believe I would need an FTP server on my Desktop, nocht a file client.

First understand what you want to do.

- Camera acts as FTP client, and uploads by FTP to a FTP server somewhere else. You do need an FTP server, on your computer, or anywhere else (remote).

- Camera acts as FTP server. You connect to the camera with a FTP client, so you can download files from the camera. I am sure there must be a way to do this with Hikvision cameras that come with memory card, so you can download all the files from the memory card easily without accessing the camera.

Now, on your first post you say: "Does it mean I could get a hi-res picture directly from the cam and 25 frames per second?". That is not actually correct with FTP, you do not connect to the camera with FTP to do that, but the camera connects to a FTP server and uploads the screenshots (the same way that you connected to your host once to upload your web page).

Filezilla offers both a FTP client and FTP server.

Good luck!

Seems not very trivial, I wonder if there is something easier possible trough the terminal. I tried:

avconv -i rtsp://admin:12345@192.168.1.199:554/h264 -f image2 -r 1 -y /home/nuc/Images/test.jpg

But it does only work with one shot or series, when I'd like to update only this test-picture.

Avconv is an Ubuntu-fork of ffmpeg.