jibin

bnc spliter with HDCVI

Can i use BNC spliter for HDCVI?

and How can I connetct this both this splited output? do there will be any clarity problems?

If you're talking about using BNC T-Connectors, I couldn't get HDCVI to work with them; even with sections of cable measuring less than a foot.

I think at best you can hope for is to get it to work with some video degradation, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

The HD-CVI specification does not allow the use of any splitters; if you are using splitters, it was not design correctly from the get go.

jibin,

Why not?

You can try with any kinds splitters(multiplexer), which is nothing but a voltage divider. And HD-CVI is based on Amplitude Modulation, just as conventional NTSC/PAL signal.

jibin,

Why not?

You can try with any kinds splitters(multiplexer), which is nothing but a voltage divider. And HD-CVI is based on Amplitude Modulation, just as conventional NTSC/PAL signal.

Where did u get this idea ?

ak357,

We are designing chip sets for CCTV applications. 4 months ago, we bought HD-CVI camera and examined its output signal. So we learned how they did it. But we are planning not to jump into developing this kinds of chip set for the time being. In stead, we are focusing on CoDec chipsets. Sometime later, you will see some cameras or DVRs carrying our chipsets.

ak357,

We are designing chip sets for CCTV applications. 4 months ago, we bought HD-CVI camera and examined its output signal. So we learned how they did it. But we are planning not to jump into developing this kinds of chip set for the time being. In stead, we are focusing on CoDec chipsets. Sometime later, you will see some cameras or DVRs carrying our chipsets.

My point was

u do not split video by using Voltage dividers

Hello everyone,

I did run a test using a T connector to be able to split an HDCVI 1080P camera signal and it did work fine. I am using a 16 channel HDCVI hybrid DVR as the main and a second similar DVR for video backup or just in case the main DVR gets stolen.

20150504_233808_resized_1.thumb.jpg.cb9c3bdac61fcb7d758c006929a738cd.jpg

HD-cvi use QAM (quadrature amplitude modulation) which is a combination of amplitude modulation & quad phase modulation using four different phase shifts. As such there is no reason signal splitting won't work as long as correct termination principles are adhered to and will include careful consideration as to the length of the signal paths.

anyone know if using a T connector would also allow the PTZ to work as well?

Client has a 16 ch CVI w\PTZ cams. PTZ is working over the coax. He wants a small monitor that just shows two cameras.

I just need the PTZ to work when splitting, also dont even know if there is a quad processor that will accept CVI let alone allow the PTZ to still work..

any ideas?

thanks