KSM

HD-CVI, AHD, HD Analog ?

Hi,

Relative newcomer to the field here. There is some info is sprinkled around the web but I'm having a hard time getting a feel for the big picture, especially when info on AHD (a new Chinese standard) is sparse. I would appreciate a bit of help on these subjects :

- I understand that HD-CVI seems to be the best option for its price, ease of installation, image quality and overall value. Is this true ?

- I understand that HD-CVI and AHD are technologies that have been developed quite recently, both seem rather similar as to their requirements (shielded coax) and image quality/resolution (good). Are there any advocates for AHD over HD-CVI ? Is the difference between them negligible ?

- Are AHD and HD Analog interchangeable terms ?

Cheers

Kevin

I would like to see someone who knows something about AHD respond to this.

AHD seems to barely be hitting the market, and I keep getting told that it's inferior to HDCVI and HDTVI but no one is able to offer up a reason as to why.

I wish I had answers to your questions, but the answers are either a matter of opinion, or I'm just lacking credible sources of information right now. I will say that HDCVI is more time tested (albeit a short amount of time) and so far has a smaller failure rate than anything I've ever dealt with. We'll see what happens with that failure rate when people start to find cheaper ways of manufacturing it.

I believe AHD is actually Korean.

HDCVI was developed by Dahua and is being licensed to other manufacturers both directly and via the HDcctv Alliance as HDcctv 2.0 AT.

HD-TVI was developed by Techpoint, a U.S. semiconductor manufacturer. It has been licensed to Dahua's largest competitor, Hikvision, among others.

HDCVI product has been out since last year, though it is still being developed and enhanced by both Dahua and the HDcctv Alliance. HD-TVI product is just starting to be released and supply of all of the pieces necessary to build a complete system is still a few months away.

Supposedly, HD-TVI was actually developed before HDCVI but was put on the back burner by Techpoint, who also manufactures semis for HD-SDI, until HDCVI's release made them reconsider releasing HD-TVI. Also, according to pundits, HD-TVI has more/better capabilities built in than HDCVI, including longer transport distances and better-quality 1080p.

I believe AHD is actually Korean.

HDCVI was developed by Dahua and is being licensed to other manufacturers both directly and via the HDcctv Alliance as HDcctv 2.0 AT.

HD-TVI was developed by Techpoint, a U.S. semiconductor manufacturer. It has been licensed to Dahua's largest competitor, Hikvision, among others.

HDCVI product has been out since last year, though it is still being developed and enhanced by both Dahua and the HDcctv Alliance. HD-TVI product is just starting to be released and supply of all of the pieces necessary to build a complete system is still a few months away. Supposedly, HD-TVI was actually developed before HDCVI but was put on the back burner by Techpoint, who also manufactures semis for HD-SDI, until HDCVI's release made them reconsider releasing HD-TVI. Also, according to pundits, HD-TVI has more/better capabilities built in than HDCVI, including longer transport distances and better-quality 1080p.

HD-TVI is out

and avail

also avail as tribrid ( HD-TVI, IP, Analog )

Nice sharing. But as I know that not really true for some information. I.e. those three all able to triplex DVR HD+Analog+IP which dependss on manufacture stragtegy on price and market promotion.

Yes AHD is developed by Korean Nextxhip for beating CVI and TVI. With regards to optical qaulity, which depends on which brand, size and type CMOS to deployed. Most CVI sensor seems is China made so which not well to compare SONY and APTINA. More tricky is I found some supplier offer 1M camera for lower price to catch your eyeball.

Edited by Guest

Nice sharing. But as I know that not really true for some information. I.e. those three all able to triplex DVR HD+Analog+IP which dependss on manufacture stragtegy on price and market prmottion.

Yes AHD is developed by Korean Nextxhip for beating CVI and TVI. With regards to optical qaulity, which depends on which brand, size and type CMOS to deployed. Most CVI sensor seems is China made so which not well to compare SONY and APTINA. More tricky is I found some supplier offer 1M camera for lower price to catch your eyeball.

One Chinese put a spoke in the wheels to another Chinese!

https://www.linkedin.com/today/post/article/20140912094320-252393278-let-s-talk-about-cvi-tvi-ahd

This article speaks the truth about all this protocols.

The most problematic of these 3 standards is AHD by far.

It seems to me that the article is 50% correct. That means 50% wrong. The AHD could be the best one, simply because it is most recent.

But you may take 100% of comments from survtech.

All of them are working hard to improve its video quality and long distance performance. We may expect good results sooner or later.

https://www.linkedin.com/today/post/article/20140912094320-252393278-let-s-talk-about-cvi-tvi-ahd

This article speaks the truth about all this protocols.

The most problematic of these 3 standards is AHD by far.

It seems to me that the article is 50% correct. That means 50% wrong. The AHD could be the best one, simply because it is most recent.

But you may take 100% of comments from survtech.

All of them are working hard to improve its video quality and long distance performance. We may expect good results sooner or later.

In the AHD part it's absolutely correct as i have found myself working with an AHD dvr.

The article is failing mostly on the HDCVI.

Some pictures about these formats and their comparison on the example of the presentation of one of the manufacturers

255215_20.jpg

I'm currently using a Phoenix AHD dvr at one of my places and it will happily mix AHD720/1080, 960 and TVI cameras.

I'm having some issues with lack of memory which I will discuss with the manufacturer about, but I'm very happy with the picture quality compared to the price of equivalent HD-SDI systems.

The spec compares are provided by manufacture offering those technologies. So they twist it to benefit one or the other. They are all similar. I would look at what are the major players doing?

HD-TVI- Digital WatchDog, HIKVISION, Speco, ALIBI, VITEK, NUVICO, LT Security, GE Security

HD-CVI- Dahua, ICREALTIME (AVS), FLIR (MPX), Small Chinese suppliers

AHD- Digital WatchDog, Samsung, Korean and Chinese Manufacture

of course there are more but it looks like the major guys are going with HD-TVI. AHD is also very popular in China and Korea since Dahua owns HD-CVI.

http://www.hdanalog.com/options/hd-tvi.html