Sign in to follow this  
advancedsecurity

DDNS options for router dont show in DVR DDNS options

Hello. I am installing a few HD-SDI DVR's. I am trying to set up the DDNS for remote viewing (a FREE OPTION). The problem is that NONE of the DVR's DDNS options match up to ANY of the available DDNS options in the router, except for Dyn (NOT free).

Anyone have any advice? I am fairly new to the game, but can speak the lingo, and hold my own enough to have an intelligent conversation...I hope.

DVR DDNS options: www.easterndns.com/mint and Dyn (which apparently are ONE and the same now).

Router DDNS options: Dyn and TZO.

Last question. If I absolutely have no choice but to pay Dyn the $25 a year, will that give me 30 useable domain names, meaning I can utilize my Dyn account to set up 30 DVR/NVR systems? Said even simpler, pay Dyn$25, set up 30 different DVR remote view systems?

Thanks in advance!

Eastern looks an awful lot like what q-see uses. Typically, the dvr acts as the updater for ddns so there is no need for the dvr and router to match. No need for both to be set for ddns. Some use the dvr, some prefer to use the router. So just use the router for port forwarding and use the dvr for the ddns service. The free embedded service in the dvr is found here to sign up for an account-

http://www.easterndns.com/

Sign up and make note of your login, password, and whatever host name you create with that account. Then in the dvr, plug that information into the appropriate fields and make sure ddns is enabled. That's it. In the router, forward the ports you'll need for http, remote and mobile. Associate the DVR IP address to those forwarded ports in the router. That's basically it. Plenty of people think dnyndns is worth the yearly cost, and the benefits that go along with that- certainly the increase of usable host names for multiple systems.

Hi. Lots of DVRs or NVRs don't have a DDNS service in there network setup

It's not the recorder you are directing to the DDNS service but your external ip

It's your portforward that directs your external to the recorder

You set up DDNS on the DVR, or the router; you do not need to do so in both, and it doesn't matter if they match or not.

Last question. If I absolutely have no choice but to pay Dyn the $25 a year, will that give me 30 useable domain names, meaning I can utilize my Dyn account to set up 30 DVR/NVR systems? Said even simpler, pay Dyn$25, set up 30 different DVR remote view systems?

Yes; $25 a year gives you 30 hosts, which you can use on 30 different places.