jisaac

Thermal Imaging camera Demo

I would definitly have to up the service maintenance agreements monthly price for that. That would be a whole hell of a lot of moving.

Lets remember that thermal is not vulnerable to light blinding -- that is a stadard or active infrared camera (in almost all cases) is easily disabled with a spotlight. Thermal would only show you the person holding the the light source and the heat of the bulb emitting the light.

There is also the problem that IR bulbs need to be replaced periodically, while uncooled thermal imagers don't.

Thermal range is now at >10 Miles, military applications are over 20 miles. The power consumption on cooled thermal is 14w @ 12VDC, while uncooled imagers are at 3w @ 12vdc.

Just for grins and giggles, what's the power consumption on a active IR camera that can see 2 miles?

Ive got no idea, no need for anything beyond a couple hundred feet down here in the islands ..

There's obviously a place for both of them, and they can work hand in hand .. i was just trying to figure out what magee was using them for as most apps dont need them .. government i guess like he already said .

I know what you mean, if we weren't solar, we could use IR no problem. Until they get around 500 foot distance at about 5-10w @ 12VDC, I just can't use them. I'll stop by Extreme's booth at ISC and see what all they have.

By the way, anyone else here going to ISC West in April?

definitly going. I really cant say exactly what this will be used for. But what I can say is obviously for the military and used to see a large and long distance.

shoot. I wish. That would be absolutly awsome to have one of those integrated in my camera system. I dont think I would ever be pulled away.

check out this still pic from that demo. I put my hand on the tree and check out the hand print after I take it off

8343f2330958237d9b0ffd312607cc8f.jpg[/img]

have you not seen the video?

Log into my dvr and look at it. I dont feel like uploading the whole thing. its 99mb's. That might take a while.

http://70.238.61.70

user

user

and do a search for 2-09-06

at 6:58 - 7:15pm

man I am not sure if there is a job that I would love doing more. I love the technology and everything else about this industry. Sometimes I wonder If I am actually getting paid to play with my toys.

your right i have always lived by a quote:

" Find a job you love and you never have to work a day in your life"

Thats a good quote to actually be able to do. I am lucky i dont have some sucky job that i dread to go to every single morning