NolliTV

Firmware 5.1.2 and IMVS 4200

I can confirm that it does.

Thank you MindTwist for responding...so to be clear, you're saying that IVMS 4200 does WORK with Hikvision firmware 5.1.2...correct? And if it does, is that natively...without any modification or hack to the software?

It works fine here

Is your day of the week on the Camera in "Chinese"?

Well, I am was thinking of upgrading the firmware to version 5.1.2, however, I had saw on another forum that starting with that firmware IVMS 4200 no longer works. I want to upgrade to 5.1.2 because of the improved low lighting...my camera DS-2CD853F-E has firmware 3 currently, and I bought them (4) directly from a Chinese seller (he/she is not a dealer).

Currently on my camera the month, Date, year as well as time is in English with a Chinese character in between the year and the time. The time is China time...I changed the NTP to get local time...nothing happened

You have is a Chinese Region. iVMS-4200 will only work with US region cameras

You have two options

1) search these forums for the "hack" and follow those directions, read the entire post/thread and the directions fully before you begin

2) Search for a member that goes by "CBX" he had developed a program that will change the region of you Camera from Chinese to US, once the fix has been applied you can download any version of the firmware and all of your menus will stay in English (your day of the week will also appear in English as well)

Once either 1 or 2 has been applied to your camera, it will work with iVMS-4200 or any other HikVision software/hardware

The Chinese sellers on eBay or Allibaba are selling Chinese Region cameras, they are still HikVision cameras, just that HikVision sells them in China at a deep discount (to compete with other Chinese manufacturers) so they sell a "US" region camera for the US through distributors, and they want the keep the prices high so they make the Chinese cameras incompatible with US software, firmwares, Chinese menus are just ways they try to "protect" this market.

Good luck

You have is a Chinese Region. iVMS-4200 will only work with US region cameras

You have two options

1) search these forums for the "hack" and follow those directions, read the entire post/thread and the directions fully before you begin

2) Search for a member that goes by "CBX" he had developed a program that will change the region of you Camera from Chinese to US, once the fix has been applied you can download any version of the firmware and all of your menus will stay in English (your day of the week will also appear in English as well)

Once either 1 or 2 has been applied to your camera, it will work with iVMS-4200 or any other HikVision software/hardware

The Chinese sellers on eBay or Allibaba are selling Chinese Region cameras, they are still HikVision cameras, just that HikVision sells them in China at a deep discount (to compete with other Chinese manufacturers) so they sell a "US" region camera for the US through distributors, and they want the keep the prices high so they make the Chinese cameras incompatible with US software, firmwares, Chinese menus are just ways they try to "protect" this market.

Good luck

I spent last night trying to add firmware 5.1.0 from Europe to no avail...the region blocks it (say transmit and hang doing it for an hour). I have contacted the Chinese seller to see whether they can send both 5.1.0 and 5.1.2 to me. Also, I have contacted CBX and am going through the decision making process...at least, there a light at the end of the tunnel.

You can load 5.1.0 on the cameras, you will need to use TFTP to do it

Google TFTP Hikvision

Hikvision has the directions to load firmware on these from the boot process, follow the direction carefully and exact and it will work

You will need to setup the TFTP server software on a computer and put the firmware in the directory, Hikvision has the software and directions to do this

However the CBX solution would be the best solution and you can load any English firmware you want, so your camera would be flexible without the need for "hacks" and tricks

You can load 5.1.0 on the cameras, you will need to use TFTP to do it

Google TFTP Hikvision

Hikvision has the directions to load firmware on these from the boot process, follow the direction carefully and exact and it will work

You will need to setup the TFTP server software on a computer and put the firmware in the directory, Hikvision has the software and directions to do this

However the CBX solution would be the best solution and you can load any English firmware you want, so your camera would be flexible without the need for "hacks" and tricks

I did use TFTP and followed Hikvision directions completely...didn't take and after 50mins I killed it. The other thing is I could never able to login into the camera using a browser...only IVMS-4200.

You need to re-read the directions

follow everything including what IP address to set the "server" at

It is very particular

Also, you may need to power the camera with 12volts instead of poe

The camera looks for that IP address on start up, and will connect to the TFTP server, if the IP is wrong or you did not put the firmware in the correct directory on the "server", it will not work and the camera will just boot normally

Also if you have antivirus/windows firewall/Norton firewall/etc you should disable them temporarily and re-enable them when this process has completed. The firewalls might be blocking the TFTP port and it might be the reason it is not working for you.

The process should not take more than a couple minutes.

you should see a live log on the server seeing what is going on.

Good luck

It is very particular

The camera looks for that IP address on start up, and will connect to the TFTP server, if the IP is wrong or you did not put the firmware in the correct directory on the "server", it will not work and the camera will just boot normally

Also if you have antivirus/windows firewall/Norton firewall/etc you should disable them temporarily and re-enable them when this process has completed. The firewalls might be blocking the TFTP port and it might be the reason it is not working for you.

Good luck

I think I found the problem...my camera (IP Box DS-2CD853F-E) is not compatible with firmware 5.1.2...the furthest I can go is firmware 5.1.0.

It is very particular

Good luck

I think I found the problem...my camera (IP Box DS-2CD853F-E) is not compatible with firmware 5.1.2...the furthest I can go is firmware 5.1.0.

Just tried firmware 5.1.0 for sure...still no luck...the firmware 5.1.0 would have to come from China to work (region blockage)...sadly! Does anyone know how to get the Chinese firmware? I tried going through Google Chrome...all I see is firmware 5.2.0...is there an archive?

TFTP.jpg.42cd4a9bf68d85ecbe91ca2fe87941a8.jpg

Just tried firmware 5.1.0 for sure...still no luck...the firmware 5.1.0 would have to come from China to work (region blockage)...sadly! Does anyone know how to get the Chinese firmware? I tried going through Google Chrome...all I see is firmware 5.2.0...is there an archive?

TFTP should work on Chinese camera with US firmware to overcome region mismatch.

Your attached pic shows a successful TFTP install... I am confused.

TFTP should work on Chinese camera with US firmware to overcome region mismatch.

Your attached pic shows a successful TFTP install... I am confused.

No...it's not done...according to the TFTP install PDF, it should have device >IP address >system update completed...see photo. I'll try the US firmware 5.1.0 later in the week...I have been using the European one.

1497895568_ScreenShot2014-09-22at3_34_46PM.thumb.png.c81bae91ebc49a77da6f7a0982e3b325.png

Had a thought.. where is the TFTP folder stored?

IIRC I had issues with having the working folder too deep (too many characters?) in my file system (ex.: C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\Sec_Cam\TFTP\tftpserv).

Try putting the TFTP folder in your root (ex. C:\TFTP).

Had a thought.. where is the TFTP folder stored?

IIRC I had issues with having the working folder too deep (too many characters?) in my file system (ex.: C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\Sec_Cam\TFTP\tftpserv).

Try putting the TFTP folder in your root (ex. C:\TFTP).

Catseyenu, I did exactly that. When I first tried to upgrade via IVMS 4200, I got the region mismatch...so I tried TFTP as the instruction described.