Sign in to follow this  
bradyboyy88

Hikvision DS-2CD2132-I Security

I was wondering if anyone was ever able to figure out to change administrator settings. When you go in security and add users , the admin account has everything checked when you click modify. Their all greyed out , even for remote configuration. Is there anyway to change these remote settings. I dont want anyone or even myself to be able to change settings outside of the home but hikvision doesnt seem to agree haha.

Any ideas?

You can not turn the admin account into a non admin account; why would you want to do that? You would lock yourself out of the camera without an admin account.

I dont want anyone or even myself to be able to change settings outside of the home but hikvision doesnt seem to agree haha.

Then do not use the admin account outside from home. Change the admin account password, create a new account with limited privileges, and use that limited account.

Then use VPN...or dont port forward the camera, or dont be so paranoid

I am going to set up a vpn eventually but I waiting to build freenas for that and to store video! I dont want to disable or delete admin , just uncheck the remote privileges (their all grayed out and checked)! Just curious tho , what benefits do I get from opening up a port to vpn server vs just forwarding to camera? Just more security options to keep people out?

I have posted on here before about security in general and I think the majority said it was just paranoia so you hit the nail on the head haha