I haven't used that particular model but I have used the PC based Idis DVR and it is one of the best I have seen. If the software is the same and this is an embedded version then it should be a great DVR. How much are they?

IDIS is one of the major factories in Korea but the box they build uses the Vineyard set.

There is no product that uses Vineyard chips.

Instead of that, IDIS recently produced NEW low cost 4CH DVR named SDR401. (consumer style product)

IDIS is probably the biggest DVR company in Korea right now. However, they don't sell directly in US because they have an exclusive rep in the States (I can't recall the name right now). I think PACOM sells alot of IDIS DVRs in Australia...

PACOM sell all the IDIS stuff. I previously used a IDIS 1508 and have the capture card sitting in a box if your interested. never used the standalone setup (i'm in sydney)

half the kfc and mcdonalds stores use them

I had the original HD die and have installed a new one. I however now need the device drivers/software for the PCI card. It is an IDIS CPT-DVR2008.

I had xp embedded 16ch version let go a month or so ago, ran sea tools on the drive. it was riddled with bad sectors. the only thing i dont like but im not sure if it was to do with xp embedded is of i created an exact image of the drive to replace the dead the system wouldnt boot.

my question is what would stop this from booting and what would be the work around?

i think its the 4016 on the idis site its re badge in aus as a pdr16 pc.

part from this hick up the unit is pretty stable

Sounds plausible and it does answer a few questions. I can only assume this is xp embedded issue.Surly it can be update pc hdd's go all the time.

yeah i was thinking same. i did a bit digging around on the embedded os there is no actvation key required for it. apparently when the unit first boots it takes the system resources and activates the os.

i think it would be more locked to the main board then hdd, the pdr16pc had a 160gb ide and i was tring to replace it with a 500gb so it may have something to do with the volume.

i could't find any white papers to prove this thou.