aham

iVMS-4500 HD broken under IOS8 ?

Hi,

Since I updated my iPad to IOS v8 (this morning) the app iVMS-4500 HD does not work anymore. When clicked it begins starting up and then vanishes into thin air.

The non-HD equivalent iVMS-4500 is still working, as is the special version iHIK HD.

Do others have the same experience?

I sent a message to HikVision Europe, but didn't receive an answer yet.

Cheers,

-Ton.

I just got a reply from HikVision Europe:

"As many people probably know Apple has released a new version of operating system for their mobile devices (iOS8) and of cause many customers will update to this version soon. Before updating they should check if all applications they rely on are iOS 8 complaint. Our current iVMS4500 is not compliant with iOS8 and R&D expects to release an update at the end of September."

Cheers,

-Ton.

Hi,

Since I updated my iPad to IOS v8 (this morning) the app iVMS-4500 HD does not work anymore. When clicked it begins starting up and then vanishes into thin air.

The non-HD equivalent iVMS-4500 is still working, as is the special version iHIK HD.

Do others have the same experience?

I sent a message to HikVision Europe, but didn't receive an answer yet.

Cheers,

-Ton.

I also got a reply from Hikvision Asia,

Hi Customer,

Really thanks for your information.

As you feedback, there is indeed some compatibility problem between our application and ios 8. But our engineers are now working hard to fix this problem. It will be solved soon, maybe later this week the new revision will be released.

Please just wait for a couple of days and download the later version then.

Many thanks.

Best Regard!!!

Randy.Qian

Oversea Technical Support

HIKVISION

Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology Co., Ltd.

No.555 Qianmo Road, Binjiang District,

Hangzhou 310052, China

Tel: ext. 2298

Email: qianxiaoping@hikvision.com

Skype ID: randy_hikvision

It's too bad a developer would wait until release to see if their software works with a new OS. IOS8 dev kit was released on June 2nd, so three months before the production release went to the public.

Thanks for finding out when Hikvision plan to release the software. If they make end September I can live with that

It is a poor show on their part though.

I am a little irritated with their rather blame deflecting comment that we should check whether all key apps are iOS8 compatible before upgrading

- They have a few months to get ready since Apple release the Developer version months ago. I suspect they didnt focus on this until it broke.

- They didnt warn us that their app wasnt iOS8 compliant

- There's is the only one of my any Apps that broke.

They stuffed up. Simple as that. Apologize, fix, learn lesson and move on.

Thanks for finding out when Hikvision plan to release the software. If they make end September I can live with that

It is a poor show on their part though.

I am a little irritated with their rather blame deflecting comment that we should check whether all key apps are iOS8 compatible before upgrading

- They have a few months to get ready since Apple release the Developer version months ago. I suspect they didnt focus on this until it broke.

- They didnt warn us that their app wasnt iOS8 compliant

- There's is the only one of my any Apps that broke.

They stuffed up. Simple as that. Apologize, fix, learn lesson and move on.

Well it looks like they won't make end of September.

Hikvision has a lot of failings when it comes to software. I love the cameras' image quality but their firmware is hilariously riddled with bugs. I'm not surprised at all they wouldn't have had this app ready in time for IOS8.

That said, I just tested this on 8.0.2 and the device was able to live view and do remote playback on a particular camera I tried.

iOS 8.0.2 is good to go and Hikvision just released the iOS 8 support today. Confirmed it works both on iphone and ipad running iOS 8.0.2