cctveye65

Nikvision NVR on demand streaming

Hello,

I've installed a Hikvision 7732NI-ST with 32 Hikvision cameras, just to use it for live view (no recording). How can I have the NVR get the streams from cameras only when that camera is viewed by a NVR client? That would save me a lot of bandwidth, as most of the time noone is watching them. I just want to use the NVR so I do not have to add 32 cameras to all the viewers that need it.

Or, if that's not possible, is there another way of doing this?

Thanks!

I do not have one of these but I think in the viewer you enter in the IP address of the NVR instead of the cameras.

I know that. The problem is that, once you add the camera into NVR, NVR starts streaming from all cameras, no matter someone is watching or not, if it is recording or not. Again, I do not record anything on the NVR, it is used just for live view.

No, you can't use the NVR without it using Ethernet data from each camera.

If you want to only use data when a camera is being viewed, use their PC software.

Seems strange to buy the NVR.

What do you mean by "ethernet data"?

Adding 32 cameras on 20 devices might be an easy task for some, but not for me. Please try adding 32 cameras on your cell phone and let me know how you are feeling after you are done. Then multiply that with 20. <- THAT is what I want to avoid by using the NVR.

Please try coming up with a solution, not with sentences like "why do you want to do that?" "I find it strange that you want to do that" etc. Otherwise, please do not pollute this thread. I believe my request is quite clear and my reasons are also quite clear.

Thank you!

Use their Client viewer ivms-4200, setup everything on 1 machine for all your cameras and then bring up the menu, choose 'System' and then 'Export system config file'. It will create a zip file you can then import on other machines.

Afaik.

Sorry can't help much with mobile phones.

That's perfect, thanks! Unfortunately, almost all clients are mobile. I do not see that option on iOS. Does anyone see it on Android?

Thank you again!

That's perfect, thanks! Unfortunately, almost all clients are mobile. I do not see that option on iOS. Does anyone see it on Android?

In Android you can configure iVMS-4500 one time, and export it and create an APK with a tool like Titanium Backup, File Expert, ... Then you can install the APK on another device already configured.

If you use an NVR, I think that once the NVR connects to the cameras, it will use bandwidth, no matter if someone is watching the streams or not,