superfly611

Outrageous quote for camera installation! HELP!

Okay so I met with someone for an installation on PTZ cameras and I was quoted and outrageous price! Well I think it is. Would someone be able to guide me as two ways to shave the price Down a bit?

A few background things... The cable run is going to be approximately 300+ feet and the ditches are already dug because of some electrical lines and water lines we put in and there's spare conduit for the camera already installed I believe.

I was told that the fiber optics would be a better way to go because I have so many lightning strikes which is true and my house has been hit many times with damage to some of my computer equipment once. I agree with the fiber optics run from the shop where I'll be putting the cameras to the house and copper for the short run from the camera into the shop and copper from fiber into the house.

The setup I'm looking for is 1 or maybe 2 PTZ cameras i dont need a fancy NVR I guess it's called and other miscellaneous things.

Here's the crazy quote!

Camera Capture video and transfer signal to DVR or recording unit E PTZ Dome Network Camera 1080pp QTY 2- $4,300.00T

CAT6 Cat-6 network cabling is used as the cabling infrastructure for 10BASE-T (Ethernet), 100BASE-TX (Fast Ethernet), 1000BASE-T (Gigabit Ethernet, or GbE) and 10GBASE-T --$179

HARDWARE Ethernet power injector-- $578

HARDWARE Multi Mode Fiber Cable 300 Ft with ends -$897

HARDWARE 4 ports PPO switch QTY 2-- $193.00

HARDWARE NVR 4 cameras " NO Hard drive" $920

HARDWARE Bolts,Plate, Glue, Screws, Wood, Metal, cable, Compression Video Ends, etc.. -- $269

LABOR This charge is based on 2 guys at $75.00 per hour each. -- $1200

TOTAL $8536 I think my math is correct?

Really sorry for the long message Just need some guidance. I am not an idiot when it comes to technology I used to be more in this field until I was disabled. I'd do it myself but... Thank you so much in advance.

not yet I sent an email back to them to try to get the exact details. What do you think so far though is it way out of price range for a system? I know it's hard to tell without the exact specs hopefully I'll find out soon.

not yet I sent an email back to them to try to get the exact details. What do you think so far though is it way out of price range for a system? I know it's hard to tell without the exact specs hopefully I'll find out soon.

Seems a bit rich but depends on the equipment selected. My guess is you should be able to do a lot better.

"NVR 4 cameras no hard drive"

Any POE built-in?

even with a 4 ch POE built-in you're looking at $199-$299 for Hikvision NVR (no Hard drive)

Most IP PTZ comes with the POE injector/power supply in the price (especially for 4.3k for two...)...he should not charge you another $578 for POE injector

If he's charging you for $897 already for fiber cable, why is he charging you again $269 for more cables? compression video ends is .70-$1 each ...and you're not even putting up an analog PTZ right?

I would find another guy to quote you...

As a distributor you have to keep a few things in mind.

your installer is gonna buy from us at the price of about $199-299 plus HDD. this is an average price for a Dahua 4 channel NVR with 4 port POE.

hes gonna add atleast a 30% margin so he can cover any cost that may come in the future to do any warranty related services. ( NVR comes with 2 year warranty usually)

keep in mind buddy your not buying these products direct your using a third party (installer).

ask him for more details on the products hes offering or buy them yourself.

If they don't take the time to give you the specs of the equipment they're trying to sell you on, then it's time to find someone else.

I don't need to know what specific equipment is involved here; based on everything else on the list, it's obvious this guy is trying to make a 100% off of his own MSRP purchases.

Since he obviously wasted your time, make him waste his. After he gives you gives you the equipment list or specs, just go buy it yourself. There's no reason to feel bad for someone who's trying to take you for every penny you have.

I e-mailed him to get the exact specs still waiting to get back to me. As for doing myself is sort of early hard to do that being a quadriplegic. That's why I have to go and get someone to do it for me.

I agree with me buying the stuff myself. I was originally looking at dahua cameras which I think would be a good choice for me.

He was saying not to really get one with a wiper because you have a lot of smearing? Is that true?

Let me make sure I understand my set up correctly.In my room Would be the NVR--copper to the outside or side of the house with a fiber optic converter I guess it would be? Then from the fiber optic run that's under the ground it would go to my shop 300 feet away where I would put another fiber converter I guess back to Copper then to my camera where exactly would POE injector be in my shop between the fiber converter then POE--> copper to camera.

Like I said I was in the field along time ago and never dealt much with fiber.

I appreciate the help!

I'm looking at dahua NVRs right now and reading about fiber.

Cameras with wipers are very rarely necessary and when they're not, they usually just smudge.

I'm not sure I really understand the purpose of running fiber. Fiber seems ridiculously excessive here for your setup. I don't understand everyone's obsession with running fiber lately when the distances don't call for it.

I'm not sure I really understand the purpose of running fiber. Fiber seems ridiculously excessive here for your setup. I don't understand everyone's obsession with running fiber lately when the distances don't call for it.

Because it's non-conductive?

I was told that the fiber optics would be a better way to go because I have so many lightning strikes which is true and my house has been hit many times

I'm not sure I really understand the purpose of running fiber. Fiber seems ridiculously excessive here for your setup...

The cable run is a more than 300 feet. from i remember the max run is 328 feet including patch cables.

thanks about the wipers at least i know they dont really work from more than one source now.

and as stated its non conductive

so heres the info i got back from the guy that was quoting me the install price.

The Estimate is for you to choose the cameras you want.

out of all cameras this 2 types of cameras work best with you setup 

1 camera is 1080 the 2nd is 720 and price is reflecting picture quality.

is up to you what you chose or want to combine one of each you have price.

the NVR is the best that works with this type of cameras.

he mentioned this which i need to clarify.

The labor price is for this install the conduit is from (the electrician) (didnt quite understand if he was mentioning the fact the electrician already installed the conduit or what when he did the electric for solar panels and water lines. its unclear) and we will take care of that

so labor is what is in the estimate.

The camera info is the same except the change from 720 to 1080

Axis owl super active series

Top-of-the-line indoor outdoor PTZ dome, offering a rich viewing experience with HDTV 1080p, 20x optical zoom, and fast and precise pan/tilt performance for superb wide area coverage and great detail when zooming in. It is ideal for airports, train stations, arenas, shopping malls, warehouses and manufacturing facilities.

Endless 360° pan and high zoom, in combination with high resolution Monitor an extremely wide area and provide detailed surveillance at great distances. Supporting round-the-clock pan/tilt/zoom operation, the robust camera can be automatically IP52-rated protection against dust and dripping water, and support for Power over Ethernet Plus (IEEE 802.3at) using the supplied High PoE midspan. The PTZ dome also has shock detection, which mechanically detects and triggers an alarm if the camera has been hit.

NVR

QNAV V Series

NVR (Network Video Recorder) is the high-end 2U chassis network surveillance server which supports high quality real-time video/audio monitoring, megapixel recording (up to 10-megapixel), and playback of multiple IP cameras capable of H.264, MxPEG, MPEG-4, and M-JPEG recording.