bigstick0000

need help on wireless system and brand name

have a house with no cameras right now. would like 6 or so outside, night vision also, 6 cameras inside. Need these wireless. Does anyone have any suggestions on a system that would fit the bill for this? This is my neighbor and her and her husband are elderly and worried about intruders. thank you

Forget about a wireless system, they are unreliable and lousy. You need to run power anyway, run ethernet and use POE (power over ethernet) so you only need one wire per camera. If you want something plug and play look at the swann and qsee IP (not sdi,) systems at costco. They are rebranded hikvisions and dahuas.

If you cannot run cable yourself pay someone with expertise to run the cable, they can do it neatly and cleanly. It will cost you less than trying to get wifi working and will be stable.

Good call. Make sure the cable is solid copper not copper clad aluminum (cca). It should be solid not stranded. Cat5e or cat6 it doesnt really matter for ip cams but if you are going through the trouble just go with cat6, the cost difference is negligible. I would supply my own cable to make certain its the good stuff.