Sign in to follow this  
cavcom

Hikvision poe nvr dropping network connection

This is my first Hikvision NVR, install went smooth and was working great but it appears to have lost its network connection . When I was installing this I think it happened shortly after getting online but I chalked it up to a bad port on cable modem and swapped it to different port. Worked great rest of day and could remote in from home, app worked fine. Now no connection to nvr but I can ping router. Power is on, have connectivity.

This is the 16 port 4TB with built in poe don't have model number handy.

Any ideas? Is this common? I hope the Hikvision isn't junk

Thanks

So the nvr lasted about 10 hours and is dead does not power up at all. Was plugged into surge protector. Hikvision said they have never heard of this. Anyone else?

It happens to any brand. Sometimes you get a lemon. You could try taking the cover off and checking that all connectors are well seated. I had a qsee Dvr that had trouble powering back up and it turned out to be one connection plug inside that plugged into the power button slot wasn't in tight enough. Just a slight nudge seated it properly and problem solved. But short of that, return for an exchange. Good luck.

Thanks , I was/is excited about trying Hikvision , there pricing alows me to be competive with some of the small business and residental .