jisaac

Saturdays install

This might get moved but the reason I put it here is because it was during an install. Now with that said

On saturday we were doing an install for a residential and the neighbors had 4 american rottwielers. The customer said that those dogs cant get out of the back yard. Well.....he was wrong. Later on in the install I was on the opposite side of the house and was standing on the patio feeding a fiber glass rod through a hole that I drilled up into the attic. So turn to my left and there he was. One of the full grown rotts was standing there 9 feet away from me just waiting for me to make a run for it. So I casually turn and tell my brother who is in the attic to get down and unlock the sliding glass door to the patio. So for 3 minutes i stood there and felt the star of the rott on my side and more specifically my butt. Finally my brother opened the glass door and as soon as I took a step for the door that rott immediatly barked and rushed me. I stepped inside and quickly shut the door behind me turned and saw that rott bearly missed me. Thats when I called it quits that day. I told the customer that they need to get the dogs under control and then we will come back.

( we are not going back )

One time I had a rottweiler trap me in a pantry closet during an install. I saw him walking around, he stopped and stared at me and when we made eye contact he charged. I ran and barely beat him to the pantry door. Scared the hell out of me.

i am going to start caring a small stun gun

*********bring it on**************

I would probably shock myself trying to get it out of the carrying case

ya you are not lying, those bnc crimpers could do some damage to something. But probably not as much damage as that dog to myself

That's funny I thought you were reffering to the Concealed Weapon G22 talked about above, which I thought Duh!, bullets usually do leave marks.

Then I realized you probably meant you got bit in the azz. Its funny, but then again not until some time has passed. I have had a similar experience as well.

Except with a tiny dog that looked so cute and I couldn't figure out for the life of me why the cruel owners had it chained up.

I found out. I don't pet dogs that look friendly anymore.

Yes, was referring to Concealed Carry.

Wish we had it here. Well we do, only wilderness type carry though, not for reg civs. Here, I am supposed to call da Police and then die waiting or while the zombie attacks.

Same here in California. Hard to get permits unless you know someone.

I have had good luck with TASERS. If you miss though your in real trouble.

You need to get both darts in them. But it stops them. Works a lot better on a person though. People drop real quick. No permit required yet. At least last time I checked though. Many people have been abusing them so I don't know what the current status is here in CA?

A taser would even be nice. They are illegal here though. They showed one on the news recently... some teen ordered it online from the states.

Isn't there a handgun ban somewhere in Cali now? They are trying to do the same here. And you know what I say to that...

Actully I ment the BNC Crimper. Dogs and I generally get along...but if the dog isn't a pitbull or Doverman (both have extremely high amounts of jaw strength) and bites your hand, curl your hand into a fist and push back toward the throat. It becomes a wedge that the dog can't force down. The dog may try it once or twice more but after that they will never, ever try to bite you again.

But the dogs smelled the fear on you guys who ran. And I get that, a friend of mine family had a retired police dog and the first day I met him, he leaps on me and pinns me down. The look in his eyes said "you like your throat where it is, and I'm too lazy to enjoy ripping it out so if you just stay still then we'll both be happy."

Oh.

I have used MACE successfully with Dogsl. That is usually what I carry when going around a large dangerous dog. I have seen pit bulls shot on TV by the police and they didn't stop on the first shot. They had to be shot again.

The MACE just allows you to get away. The stronger mixtures probably would?

Oh, I don't recomend the fist to the throat for a dog trying to maim you. That's just going to hurt. I'm refering more to the petty mean dogs who like to bite.

The problem with defending against dogs is that they tend to be all attack and no defense. This is really tricky for most people because it's hard to imagine an attacker not trying to protect themselves in any way. Most men will try to protect against a crotch shot and almost all people have a reflex to defend the neck.

If a dog attacks, accept that you are going to get hurt.

Tasers work fairly well (and they hurt like hell, having been enough of a dumbass to wonder what it felt like) but I thought the data on them killing was still in dispute?

Last time I checked that was the case, but I found this link that indicates several deaths related to the use of TASER.

http://www.ainfos.ca/en/ainfos17582.html

There are several other links as well. TASER International increased the strength of their TASERS some years back which I think is causing more of these deaths to occur.

Death after TASER:

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/specials/tasers/deaths.shtml

Pepper spray and TASER does not seem to be a good combination. Or multiple shocks from the TASER.

Kenner Police Department (right out side of New Orleans) is having a bunch of issues revolving around taser deaths right now. So what do they do?

Order a bunch more of em. Gotta love this town.

Had a doberman jump me once, a shot from my .380 pocket pistol corrected his attitude. As I fired the shot off a draw it struck low and the bullet mowed the grass between his paws. The dog retreated and a second shot wasn't required.

Is that the £ 50 million one your talking about?

The police have just announced two arrests, but they won't be releasing any CCTV recordings just yet (that's assuming they have some recordings )