Im installing an 8 channel hd-cvi system next week and the customer wants 1 camera on the back of a detached garage approximately 25' away from the residence . there is no way to go underground because of a large cement patio between the house and garage . aerial is not an option . electric is direct buried under the patio .

so my question is ,

is it possible to send the hd-cvi camera output signal wirelessly from the garage to the house and then hardwire to the dvr ?

if not , is this possible with hd-sdi ?

the only wireless experience I have is connecting my laptop to wifi

I'm assuming that this is an IP camera system, so luckily you actually just have an ethernet extension problem.

If power to the garage terminates in the home, there's a good change that ethernet powerline adapters will work. If there's a wire of some sort between the home and the garage that you can have access to (phone line, etc), then you can use netsys-direct products to extend ethernet that way. If there's a coax cable, you could extend ethernet that way. And finally, there is wireless. You could set up an outdoor access point and lock it down so that only that camera can access it, but wireless is always the most finacky. I'd use any of the previous solutions first. Good luck!

so my question is ,

is it possible to send the hd-cvi camera output signal wirelessly from the garage to the house and then hardwire to the dvr ?

so my question is ,

I would say NO

What I know so far HD-CVI signal is very different compare with NTSC

so current TR and RX most likely will not work properly with HD-CVI camera

thanks ak357 !

does anyone know if it is possible to take an hd-sdi camera's output signal and send it wirelessly then hardwire it to the dvr ? ?

No again

or I should say not worth it

thanks ak357 !

does anyone know if it is possible to take an hd-sdi camera's output signal and send it wirelessly then hardwire it to the dvr ? ?

Yes you can... but it will cost 20X+ what your HD-SDI system cost

EVf6XiQY_d8

thank you very much !

there is a telephone wire going to the garage and of coarse the yellow/black pair is spare .

I wonder how the hd-cvi signal will hold up over 50' of standard iw and balun's .

I know cvi is best with solid core rg59 or 6 . maybe sdi will hold up better ?

thank you very much !

there is a telephone wire going to the garage and of coarse the yellow/black pair is spare .

I wonder how the hd-cvi signal will hold up over 50' of standard iw and balun's .

I know HD-CVI will work with baluns but not to sure how it will work short distance over tel wire ( not twisted)

HD CVI claims to be able to operate up to 250m on CAT5 and passive Balun, only way to find out is to test it, failing that where does the Electric cable or Telephone Cable come in from garage? No ducting?

Not possible for wireless on either unless as shown above you got 25k to add to budget

thank you very much !

If your hd-cvi/sdi is really just running over ethernet, then the netsys-direct boxes are your solution. You'd have a solid connection over which to run your camera.

If your hd-cvi/sdi is really just running over ethernet, then the netsys-direct boxes are your solution. You'd have a solid connection over which to run your camera.

Which product from "netsys-direct" u suggesting will handle HD-CVI ?

Which product from "netsys-direct" u suggesting will handle HD-CVI ?

I was mistaken. I thought HDCVI would still be a digital IP technology.

In order to use that twisted pair telephone wire, you will need something that can convert and run video over that wire. I've done some quick searches and it seems like there should be a product out there, but it may be a bit of a needle in a haystack.

Best alternative is get hybrid HD CVI system (if they make one) that can do 1-2 ch IP+ 8ch CVI. then use IP camera on the garage with wireless radios like those from ubiquilti .

HD TVI has those kinds of hybrid system not sure about CVI.

Best alternative is get hybrid HD CVI system (if they make one) that can do 1-2 ch IP+ 8ch CVI. then use IP camera on the garage with wireless radios like those from ubiquilti .

HD TVI has those kinds of hybrid system not sure about CVI.

I really like this idea. Then you can use the ethernet extender products on the telephone wire for the IP cams.

great idea milkisbad " title="Applause" /> . dahua has cvi hybrids (hvr or tri-brid dvr)available at my local supply house . but they only have 16 channel . cost more than double the original 8 ch. dvr . customer may not like that .

dahua makes an 8 and a 4 ch. tri-brid too . just not available at my supply house yet . they do have ubiquiti products too but some of the posts I read here say ubiquiti products are garbage . not sure if it was all products or some isolated few .

There is a Tribrid CVI system that will do IP,CVI, Analog.. but it's a little pricy..around about 900 for an 8 ch.

Why can't you do aerial? Is it out of the question? All utilities are underground?