Maniek

Anyone install any other cameras than Dahua or Hik?

Hello, what happened with market?

What about AXIS, Avigilon, Arecont, Vivotek...

They all crap that nobody install them?

When I read forum now and 2 years ago, there is a big difference.

Nobody put demo screenshots anymore...

Do you agree or I am wrong?

Please give some arguments ( exept price )

Regards

Mariusz

I Install Axis and Avigilon every day.

This forum has become dominated by "do it yourself" people that wouldn't consider spending that kind of money.

In fact I'm scheduled to install a Axis Q6042-E Monday to replace a GE Legend Dome, and install a P3367-VE to replace an old GE Rugged Dome.

It's an 1100 camera system managed by Genetec Security Center with about 400 Legacy GE cameras that are dropping like flies.

Sounds good for me.

I do a lot of Avigilons as well with POS solution.

Any screens from installation?

Regards

Whenever I can pick up cheap Avigilon cameras, I slowly switch over to it.

Too expensive otherwise to buy at retail. So hik/dahua until they eventually get replaced.

We install Avigilon every day. Everything from the micro domes to the PRO cameras.

Really looking forward to the new Avigilon cameras with built-in analytics. VideoIQ cameras are EOL and now the analytics are in Avigilon cameras moving forward.

That being said I am looking forward to testing Hikvisions new Smart Pro-cameras. 6MP @ 30FPS and in the same price range as Avigilon and Axis

I think the idea is you pay a premium for a product you are also getting a premium support service. You pay for equipment with nonexistant support, you go find support online. I can understand the frustration though with the DIY folks, I mean you have people coming in here with absolutely no knowledge or very little of IP networking and its post after post about how do i make this work. before it was cctv standalone, now its interconnectivity with business or home networking. in the same right, i've met security installers who know cctv but don't know their ass about IP connectivity. other forums are plagued with the same stuff. "Here do this for me" It's difficult to read these threads where it seems like very little personal investigation has been made before the requests. It's a major turn off to wanting to help people as well. Show a little self prerogative.

Dahua and Hikvision are big names because of their affordability and still good quality. They're certainly not the best, and they're certainly not the only acceptable options.

I've got nothing but nice things to say about Avigilon and Axis. Vivotek is a throwback for me; I haven't messed with their IP cameras in several years.

Vivotek is a throwback for me; I haven't messed with their IP cameras in several years.

I went into a Tier 1 supplier plant for Hyundai. We do their Access but not their video.

They had Vivotek cameras and Qnap NVR solution. Hearing them you would have thought it was the best thing since sliced bread. LOL!

I think the idea is you pay a premium for a product you are also getting a premium support service. You pay for equipment with nonexistant support, you go find support online. I can understand the frustration though with the DIY folks, I mean you have people coming in here with absolutely no knowledge or very little of IP networking and its post after post about how do i make this work. before it was cctv standalone, now its interconnectivity with business or home networking. in the same right, i've met security installers who know cctv but don't know their ass about IP connectivity. other forums are plagued with the same stuff. "Here do this for me" It's difficult to read these threads where it seems like very little personal investigation has been made before the requests. It's a major turn off to wanting to help people as well. Show a little self prerogative.

One of the purposes of a forum like this is to help people. If someone doesn't want to help, don't help, it's simple. There is a Private/Professional section for the pros.

Another purpose of a forum is advertising revenue, the more members/traffic, the higher the revenue. That is usually considered a good thing.

One of the purposes of a forum like this is to help people. If someone doesn't want to help, don't help, it's simple.

Well said.

One of the purposes of a forum like this is to help people. If someone doesn't want to help, don't help, it's simple. There is a Private/Professional section for the pros.

Another purpose of a forum is advertising revenue, the more members/traffic, the higher the revenue. That is usually considered a good thing.

Thirded. All experts started as a newb at some point.

The more DIYers who create systems they are happy with the more they're going to recommend it to others and use what knowledge they have gained to spread it to others as well. Ultimately, more money hits the industry, which means better cameras at lower cost, earlier than if we only had pros doing this for businesses.

Hello, what happened with market?

What about AXIS, Avigilon, Arecont, Vivotek...

They all crap that nobody install them?

When I read forum now and 2 years ago, there is a big difference.

Nobody put demo screenshots anymore...

I'm a DIY-er with a system at my house consisting of 5 Axis and 1 Vivotek cam running on Exacq... They aren't crap, and I've posted plenty of screenshots of my system over the last few years. In fact, if you check the "MegaPixel Cameras - Images and Demos" thread, I just posted some last month.

We are still out here, but like other people have said, this forum is mostly filled with people who just want a $100 camera to throw up real quick at their house. They come here looking for help on the install, and once it's done, they never return to the forum again unless they have issues with the camera later on down the road. For better or worse, that's how it is.

I wanted to say that the postings of demo snapshots was something I valued on this forum when I was shopping for cameras. I often do not trust images posted by some sellers, either.

I will post snaps (day and night) of cameras I ended up getting as well to help those other there trying to make decisions on cameras.

Price points and budget can make people choose this or that brand.

Here are live demos of All Foscam models being sold. Both MJPEG and H.264 models. These demos are using automatic refreshed Snapshots. To help minimize bandwidth usage.

The live demo cameras are located in the U.S. but if you use the link below at the bottom of that page, it will also show the China demo cameras. You can also see live demo cameras in China, at the same time. This helps to see live demo cameras of the same model, during the day and using IR at the same time. Since the time zone difference is 13 hours from one set of demo cameras to the other:

http://107.170.59.150/foscam/FoscamUS.htm

If you want to see a HD model at 1280x720 that has 3x zoom. Please see this since the other demos are at 640 widths for demonstration purposes. All the HD demo cameras used here. Support a maximum resolution of 1280x960:

http://107.170.59.150/foscam/SecureImageDisplayControl.htm

The goals were to allow people to view and control demo cameras quickly. Without any need to login, install any plugins or additional software and to allow all the cameras to be viewed and controlled from any device that is Internet browser capable. So that you can quickly and easily see how they look on the devices of your choice.

Don