Sign in to follow this  
MichaelDelarosa

Things to Consider Before Purchasing Home Security Cameras

We're planning to purchase security cameras for our home next month and I'd like to ask few questions.

1. What is the best type of security camera? ( wired, wireless or network cameras)

2. What are the things that I need to consider before purchasing one for our home?

We're planning to purchase security cameras for our home next month and I'd like to ask few questions.

1. What is the best type of security camera? ( wired, wireless or network cameras)

2. What are the things that I need to consider before purchasing one for our home?

Well for reliability and for clean methods of powering the cameras I use ip cameras with poe. You need to determine if u want a bullet or dome cameras etc. How many cameras will give total watts that u will need for poe injector. How much ethernet cabling. If u dont want to run ethernet all through ur house u could use direct burial ethernet cable and run outside to where room where router is. Also network bandwidth is important if u r installing a lot of high mp cameras so take that into consideration. What will u record to. This can be a computer or nas or nvr. These will definately hel Pl get u started!

If not professional, stand alone DVR or PC card would be good enough. You can buy cheap but decent quality analog cameras for less than U$30, these days. You may consider the DIY package at Walmart/Costco/Fry's, etc.