bobgroger

IP cameras and Dahua Tribrid DVR

I got the GenIV version of the Dahua Tribrid DVR, and the documentation is pretty much non-existent. This is to replace an old analog system that would be very difficult to rewire. I also got 3 IP cameras to cover the entry locations. I am having a hard time adding the IP cams in a way that I can view them over the web viewer, and control where they are located in the display at the HDMI output. If I add them as I would with a NVR they only will go in positions 17-32, and can't be viewed in the Web viewer. I can add them as Onvif cameras on port 80 and they will show in the last of the 16 channels and caan be seen with the web viewer, but I am concerned they may not be at full resolution. Anyone else tried this, if so what were your experiences? The technology is amazing, but the learning curve is pretty steep...Is there a pointer to better documentation?

Thanks,

Bob G.

@bobgroger

If you used another DAHUA product before, probably you need to update the WebClient to see all 32ch. You can do this by deleting the webrec and torch folder from Program Files and rerun IE with admin rights.

OK, found out a couple things. If you go to the Camera, Channel Type screen and click "Add IP Cam" which would be the intuitive choice, you get ANOTHER 16 channels of IP-only that you can't view on the Web viewer, hence my problem. So after "Remove IP Cam" I am back to 16 channels. But as confirmed in

you have to change channels to IP starting at Channel 16 and working backwards, which screws up the display groups I wanted to create. Oh well, I can work around this.