2085wayne

Joystick keyboard - NVR - IP cam problem.

Hi all,

I am a newbie I'm affraid!

Wondered if anybody out there could possibly help me.

I have a IP PTZ camera, with just power and rj45 outlets (no rs485) I have an nvr (from China) and an Xvsion joystick, both with rs485.

I was hoping that if a run the camera through the nvr, then as the joystick is connected to the nvr it will run the cam...but its not.

The cam spec says a protocol of DH-SD, I have have changed the joystick to the same, but the nvr does not have to many settings other than a whole list of protocols (none of them saying pelco or DH-SD)

Have matched up the baudrates etc too.

Any ideas?

Thanks all!

I doubt you will find a solution, since:

-the keyboard must know a special protocol to connect to the NVR via RS485 and control it

-the NVR must accept control from an external keyboard via RS485

-the NVR must know the protocol of the Speed Camera and control it via IP

Since none of these are true for you, I don't think you have any solution.

Hi,

Many thanks for your answer, seems that you are correct, i now have a IP joystick connected directly to the cam by ethernet, but there is no variation in speed when panning, which is what I was hoping for, (ie,the further across you push the joystick the quicker it pans)

Is this how IP cams and IP joysticks work? one speed? (I know that settings in the cam can alter the speed, but its the variation on the joystick that I'm after?

Any ideas?

Many thanks indeed!

Wayne.

Hi,

Many thanks for your answer, seems that you are correct, i now have a IP joystick connected directly to the cam by ethernet, but there is no variation in speed when panning, which is what I was hoping for, (ie,the further across you push the joystick the quicker it pans)

Is this how IP cams and IP joysticks work? one speed? (I know that settings in the cam can alter the speed, but its the variation on the joystick that I'm after?

Any ideas?

Many thanks indeed!

Wayne.

No. I've not come up with one IP PTZ camera that only has one speed. It might be the joystick causing this? Do you have any software in between?

I've only used usb joysticks connected to our own software to control it, we're doing it via manufacturers own protocol or ONVIF (if camera supports that), so i dont really know how an IP joystick works.

Which manufacturer/model is the IP joystick? Does it come with a software? Seems unlikely that it only has on/off joystick for one speed. Also which IP PTZ camera are you using?