zgebis

Dahua DVR Video Motion detection not working IP camera

We connected one IP camera to our Hybrid recorder to try to see how it works. The video feed comes in just fine but the dvr buttons do NOT control the Pan/Tilt functions of the camera, we have the "PTZ Remote" setting selected on the dvr for the channel that this camera is linked to.

More irritating is the fact that the recorder will not detect motion from this camera. It detects motion on all other analog channels but not this one ip channel. The setting are set correctly but the dvr still refused to log motion events. It records video from the camera just fine.

The DVR is: http://www.dahuasecurity.com/products/nvr580858165832-301.html

The IP camera in Question: http://www.dericam.net/Products_xl_sm.asp?id=9&typeid=18

I only have one Onvif ip camera sadly.

You have a good NVR and you are using a bottom barrel junk camera? You are lucky that the video comes through....in general if you want 100% compatibility get cameras from the same manufacturer as the NVR.

This camera is just to watch the dog when we are not home.

The setting are okay by the looks of them. How do I get the dvr to detect motion events? It will on analog cameras.

The setting are okay by the looks of them. How do I get the dvr to detect motion events? It will on analog cameras.

You won't. When using ONVIF, most of the times you will not get MD working. If you want motion events, you should be using a Dahua camera.

Please understand that this is not a DVR/NVR issue, rather a bad motion detection signaling implementation in the camera. I suggest you change the camera with a DAHUA one or a true ONVIF Certified one, that comes from a better manufacturer.

Do you have one that you would recommend. We are looking for a pan tilt and also one that is stationary. We need them to be wifi.