Sign in to follow this  
pwgsx

Dahua Phone App

I got a Dahua DVR and downloaded the Android app gDMSS Lite. Everything works when I am in wifi range at home or even somewhere else. However if I am on the road and try to connect to my cams with the phones internet it says server timed out. I had a friend create a mobile hot spot with his phone that I connected to and that worked as well but it was thru wifi.

Am I the only one with this issue or am I missing something simple?

You need to be on a strong wifi network when you're out and about. Even then, if I'm having trouble I just open one camera at a time instead of doing multiple cameras, such as four. If I'm not on a wifi network remotely, I don't even bother.

Well that sucks to hear. My main reason to have it on my phone is to be able to log in at anytime. Does this work for anyone without wifi?

Well that sucks to hear. My main reason to have it on my phone is to be able to log in at anytime. Does this work for anyone without wifi?

Of course it does work without wifi.

You might want to do a speed test on your mobile internet connection. Try to download "speedtest.net" program from Google Play and see what results you get.

If you're not on wifi you for sure want to open only one camera at a time if you're getting time out issues. A good thing to do is wherever you are for a while, check and see if there is an available network to hop on. One of my first chores when I'm going to be in a building for hours is to see if I can hop on the local network. And of course, make sure you're doing this with substream viewing set up in your dvr and app.

And of course, make sure you're doing this with substream viewing set up in your dvr and app.

Sorry new to this, where would I go to find this in the app? I cant seem to find anything that says substream.

It's sometimes called extra stream and it is a lower resolution stream that is more capable of being viewed remotely without problems. Enable it in the Dvr and in the app choose extra stream to preview when setting up the device configuration.

did you setup the dvr to work outside your network? are you using the internal or external ip to connect? it sounds like you have the software setup to connect thru the internal