LittleScoobyMaster

New Dahua 4K - 12MP camera - IPC-HF81200E

Dahua is releasing a new 4K surveillance camera in the next couple weeks. Anyone know if it will be available in the U.S.? Also, when is the exact release date and price? The article just mentions November but doesn't list the exact date or price. Anyone have any advanced info for it yet?

The model # is IPC-HF81200E and there is some information about it here:

http://www.dahuasecurity.com/news/dahua-4k-camera-enhances-your-hd-demand-140.html

"Dahua 4K camera IPC-HF81200E fully complies with the above standard, it adopts 12.0-Megapixel sensor, incorporating with high-performance DSP to provide extraordinary image quality. Meanwhile, the camera offers 12MP (4000 x 3000) at 15 fps and 4K at 30fps preview with a suggested bandwidth at 8Mbps, ensuring a smooth live view without network resource waste; in addition, the camera provides triple streams options to satisfy various demand in application."

Can you please confirm whether they use their compression standard as H.264 or H.265? No such information available to your link. If not H.265, then it may need their own software for play back. No compatibility with other software providers'.

Can you please confirm whether they use their compression standard as H.264 or H.265? No such information available to your link. If not H.265, then it may need their own software for play back. No compatibility with other software providers'.

I was trying to find that out as well but the Dahua general e-mail box was full last night. Hopefully they clear it out today so we can get some answers. If anyone has a more direct e-mail address, they might have better luck getting more info on this camera.

I'm always surprised when companies from China post official product details in English without having a native speaker of the language proofread. If I thought I was "pretty decent" at French, I would nonetheless have a native speaker proofread something I put out in an official release.

Anyway, the camera looks nice

The one that we saw/tested was using H.264. We managed to decode it with SmartPSS, but there was some lag.

DAHUA stated that they are developing a better SmartPSS version and a dedicated 4K NVR.

The one that we saw/tested was using H.264. We managed to decode it with SmartPSS, but there was some lag.

DAHUA stated that they are developing a better SmartPSS version and a dedicated 4K NVR.

Was the one you tested a box or bullet style cam?

where do you get this in US?

Still trying to find out. I've e-mailed Dahua but they can be a little cryptic at times. I've asked for the MSRP price but they haven't provided that yet either, or the exact release date.

We should get more info soon as it's due out this month.

"Dahua is among the first manufacturers to introduce a 4K camera, making the UHD surveillance to something real,” said Peter Pan

Do they really have someone called Peter Pan working at Dahua? Must have had a tough school life

"Dahua is among the first manufacturers to introduce a 4K camera, making the UHD surveillance to something real,” said Peter Pan

Do they really have someone called Peter Pan working at Dahua? Must have had a tough school life

I was wondering the same thing.

I was wondering the same thing.

Looks like this one is around the $400 range. I wonder if anyone owns this one yet?

http://www.cctv-mall.com/dahua-ipc-hf81200e-dahua-ipc-hf81200e-12-megapixel-4k-ip-box-camera-dahua-ipc-hf81200e-12mp-ultra-hd-network-camera

Here's some sample video from it:

Anyone know if this camera could be used as a camera inside a window pointing outside through a non-south facing window?

It might work from inside if:

-you have good or very good lightning outside

-you can find a way to minimize reflections of/from the window (or example, an indoor bulb/TV at night)

BOX cameras can be mounted outside using a dedicated case, with or without IR.

Anyone had a play with one of these? I notice there is a version with the 1/1.7" sensor that might fair well... pricing at $500 USD might be worth it if they fixed the low light etc

should ship today, it seems they are not sending many out, so we might be one of the first, if it arrives end of next week I'll pop into work and pick it up to play with

It might work from inside if:

-you have good or very good lightning outside

-you can find a way to minimize reflections of/from the window (or example, an indoor bulb/TV at night)

BOX cameras can be mounted outside using a dedicated case, with or without IR.

I found that 4K cameras from Hikvision have better low light performance than standard FullHD cameras. Have you seen my last uploads?

FkqY5RR8uEk

Maybe Dahua will use same sensors?