TGMcCallie

Need Help concerning this NVR System

Costco Whse has this system on sale for 799.99 after 200.00 off. Could someone please check out details of the DVR and Camera and let me know what you think about it. I know it is a IP 1080P system or so it says.

It is a Q-See 8 Channel 1080p HD NVR Security Camera System. If you need to check it out at Costco their item # is 916876.

QC858-2 Kit

QC858-6P4-2 DVR

6 QCN8012B cameras

Thanks for any help you can give me. This will be my first security camera system.

Tom

Looks like a good system. They even use a wd purple drive...q-see generally rebrands dahua which are good cameras. Its from costco so if you ever have an issue its easy to return. You will not find better pricing with that kind of return policy and warranty.

You know.. I have to say with Q-see and Costco (and a previous DVR/Camera package).. I've had bad cameras and contacted Q-SEE. They were amazing for how fast they sent me a replacement cameras each time.. no questions asked.

Also I found the support good too.

Thanks for the replies.

I would like someone to pull up the details on the NVR and camera by their model numbers that I have listed and give me

some insight to if this is good or bad.

Thanks

Tom

It's a decent 8 channel NVR for the money; it's made by Dahua. I've hard very good luck with this WD purple drives thus far, so that's a big plus. I'm not familiar with the cameras, so as long as they don't have a horrible failure rate, I'm sure they're fine for fixed lens cameras. Overall, the system seems to be a pretty good buy for the money.

It's a decent 8 channel NVR for the money; it's made by Dahua. I've hard very good luck with this WD purple drives thus far, so that's a big plus. I'm not familiar with the cameras, so as long as they don't have a horrible failure rate, I'm sure they're fine for fixed lens cameras. Overall, the system seems to be a pretty good buy for the money.

I may try the WD purple drives.. how noisy are they?

I can't say I've ever noticed them to be any more quiet or loud than any other drive. I've mainly just been satisfied with their low failure rate and high performance.