kurliyon

Need help for this CCTV

Good Day, I'm almost zeroed on sleep trying to identify and fix my CCTV to be remotely accessed, I've bought this CCTV on some local shop here in the Philippines, I would guess that this we're rebranded.

To make the story short, I can already access my CCTV from my public facing IP on Internet Explorer, the problem is the login credentials won't work, but when i login to it from the LAN, it works fine. I've already tried downgrading my Internet Explorer from ie11 to ie8, the activex controller MyNetDVR.OCX is already enabled in the add-ons.

I can only show you screenshots of the DVR homepage if it would help and some screenshots of the device info page as i don't see any brands on it, there's only a H.264 DVR printed on the box

DVR Homepage

258510_1.png

DVR Device Info Page

258510_2.png

Please, Please if anybody is familiar on this brand please help.. Thanks in advance!

Have you opened up the ports on the router- ie port forwarding to stop the remote viewing application being blocked at the router ?

find out from your dvr settings what port is being used for the video and set up the router to allow traffic to pass to /from the router.

Yes i did, i can access my dvr webpage through my remote ip address (public facing ip). The problem is my login credentials doesn't work via remote access but it works fine on local network (via 192.168.x.x). I have no idea how is this happening...

Not sure if you have already figured out the problem or not, but it sounds like you forwarded the proper port for the client itself, but perhaps there are more ports (control ports?) that also need to be forwarded to handle the login credentials and some other stuff? I had a re-branded DVR in the past that required multiple ports to be forwarded before I could login from outside of the network. Sure sounds a lot like you have the same issue. Look into it and see if there are other ports that need to be opened up/forwarded on the router

the web port normally uses port 80, if you use the app for the dvr remote viewing it will use different port maybe 4000 or 554 or others - maybe need more than 1 port set up for port forwarding through your router.maybe 1 for video stream and 1 for data login /dvr paramater setup etc.

Check the network settings page for any port info once you port forward them use a [port checker] from the web to see if they are open - just google port checker and enter your ip address and port number and it will say open or closed.

I can only see three different ports in the dvr network settings and already forwarded them on my router, I still haven't figured this one out. :/

DVR Network Settings:

259255_1.jpg

Port Forward Settings:

259255_2.jpg

It all looks good.

google port checker and see if it can reach your dvr on ports 80, 101, and 9000.

if you can then at least you know that the info is getting past your router to your dvr, that would then leave your set up on your mobile device or remote pc with the app you use to view the cameras.

If you cant then maybe some firewall or other thing needs configured on the router-

you need to try the app from outside your wireless so if its a mobile phone device try connecting using the 3g signal which will ensure you come in via the router to the dvr.

Good Day, I'm almost zeroed on sleep trying to identify and fix my CCTV to be remotely accessed, I've bought this CCTV on some local shop here in the Philippines, I would guess that this we're rebranded.

To make the story short, I can already access my CCTV from my public facing IP on Internet Explorer, the problem is the login credentials won't work, but when i login to it from the LAN, it works fine. I've already tried downgrading my Internet Explorer from ie11 to ie8, the activex controller MyNetDVR.OCX is already enabled in the add-ons...

Please, Please if anybody is familiar on this brand please help.. Thanks in advance!

This sounds like it has nothing to do with the brand or set up. If you are trying to access via the internet but from the same location as the equipment, you won't do it. To send out via the router and come back in on the same router you need NAT loopback, and all the normal routers I know do not have that facility.

Have you tried accessing your system when logged on to the internet from a different location?

redwood

Hi OP,

I am just resurrecting this thread because I have encountered exactly the same issue.

Beneath "network" in your original screen (you should select LAN, not WAN), there is a button that says, "If plugin cannot be installed...."

What this means is even if you downloaded and installed the ActiveXPlugin (which i suspect you have done already) and which the DVR will attempt to do automatically, it HAS NOT installed correctly. You would not see this reference to, "install plugin" had the plugin been installed as required.

You are probably getting an authorisation login error like, "Login Failed!" rather than any reference to Active X. Very confusing.

This was a surprise to me as the first time I installed it, it appeared to install correctly, but in fact, DID NOT INSTALL CORRECTLY!

I then attempted to install this again, but it did not work.

I then tracked down the issue to the fact that MyNetDvr.ocx (and some other packages) would not install to the system32 directory. Installing to this directory is very uncommon in Windows 8 type environments -64bit (which I am running), I assume you are running something similar. However, it is common practice in older 32 bit versions of Windows.

I expect you are facing a similar issue. Unfortunately, I have not yet been able to resolve this issue.

If OP happened to resolve the issue, could you be so kind as to let me know how you did so?

I believe we are experiencing the fact that this is an older generation model (reflected in the price) and it is not holding up well.

Can anyone advise on any iPhone app that they feel works well with remote cameras?

Best Regards,

Hope you hear from you OP (HELP!)