gcalin

DVR with good motion detection algorithm

Hello everyone,

I have a limited experience with digital DVRs, however every single model I tested has a very simple motion detection algorithm to trigger alarms and recordings. Apparently they just compare pixels or areas, so false trigger are very common, in special at night if the cameras show some background noise or if there are illumination variations in the environment.

My question is, is there any DVR in the market with good, well implemented, motion detection algorithm? Perhaps with the use of border detection methods or optical flow implementations? Something robust enough to trigger a building alarm to it?

GCalin

Some hikvision cameras have line crossing detection (this is on ip cameras)...you can add pir motion sensors to some cameras as well.

I have recently moved from an analog camera (720 lines) and DVR to a Dahua IP HD camera (2Mp 20X Zoom Network IR PTZ Dome;

SD6C220S/230S-HN) and NVR (NVR4104) and having problems with over-active motion detection. Now, the analog solution was very accurate in its motion detection; that is, it recorded the vehicles and pedestrian traffic I expected to be captured. However, with the higher resolution of the Dahua equipment, almost everything is being recorded. And the "Web Service" interface to the NVR does not appear adequately configurable to solve the problem. It seems that with the HD cameras the NVR motion detection features need to be much more powerful. Does anyone have any experience with this sort of issue?