Sign in to follow this  
djscissorhands

Are these cameras any good?

These are the cameras that I have set up with a 8 camera system. I was told by the person who did my install that these were good quality cameras. Does any one have any experience with these or can anyone interpet the specs to say of these are low quality, average quality, or high quality?

http://www.unixcctv.com/_e/EYEBALL_IR_Camera/product/IB6325/EYEBALL_700TVL_960H_IR_Metal_Dome_Camera_w_Fixed_Lens.htm

The link doesnt work...i think this is the cam http://www.ebay.com/itm/EYEMAX-IB-6325-Dome-Security-Camera-700-TVL-24-IR-LED-SONY-EFFIO-E-DSP-2-9mm-/110854568971

Specs are often meaningless..how is the picture? Im guessing you dont like the quality....How much was the install?

On a new install you should have gone with ip cameras...not analog...

I edited the link in the op and it now works.

The quality is OK, not very good at night on some cams.

This install is 2+ years old. $1,500 for 8 cams, dvr, and install in attic.

Whats the difference between analog and ip cameras?

That was a good price for that install.

Here is a good example make sure to change to quality to 720p

Analog is run over coax cable while ip uses ethernet cable. (in general). Ip cameras transfer data over a computer network.

Now you can get 1080p using coax but it requires specialized system and you are limited to special DVR's and cameras (sdi or similar technology) but ip cameras can easily do 1080p, 3mp or even more...The quality difference is substantial.

Here is a sample of a 3mp hikvision that can be purchased for about 85 dollars on aliexpress

make sure to change the setting to the highest resolution otherwise it will default to 480p

There decent at the time of the install they were considered the best on market vs price.

there is new technologies like HD-TVI that offer a way better picture quality at marginal pricing.

That was a good price for that install.

Here is a good example make sure to change to quality to 720p

Analog is run over coax cable while ip uses ethernet cable. (in general). Ip cameras transfer data over a computer network.

Now you can get 1080p using coax but it requires specialized system and you are limited to special DVR's and cameras (sdi or similar technology) but ip cameras can easily do 1080p, 3mp or even more...The quality difference is substantial.

Here is a sample of a 3mp hikvision that can be purchased for about 85 dollars on aliexpress

make sure to change the setting to the highest resolution otherwise it will default to 480p

the picture quality looks pretty good in the youtube link you posted. How much space does the video take on a hard drive?

the picture quality looks pretty good in the youtube link you posted. How much space does the video take on a hard drive?

want to know also....