fonix

black clothes showing purple

Hi all.

Im assuming many have stumbled accross this issue so no need for a pic unless needed. I have some cheap camera that shows black plastic items black, however wrt clothes most black clothes are showing purple. Clearly anything but black!

Is its just the reality of cheap dsp or is some IR interference or bad lighting?

It doesnt have an ir cut filter...stop messing with cheap crap or you will continue to have these issues...when a decent hikvision/dahua camera can be had for 85 dollars there is no excuse for "cheap" cameras...

So thats what the role of IR cut filter is for! Thanks for bringing that up.

True, one shouldnt mess much with cheap cams. But we cant compare $25 to $85. Anyways it was a test cam project. Other than the purple black clothes the image is actualy smooth, not too bad, and easy on the eyes.

Hi Fonix,

Black clothes are showing purple color normally happened in CMOS sensor cameras. A CMOS sensor require a IR cut filter to correct the color. Cheap cameras always without or with low quality IR cut.

And some cheap sensor, like cmos camera 420tvl use pixelpus pc1030 image sensor will meet the color probs even with a IR cut. I recommend you to use high resolution cmos cameras like 800tvl, 900tvl or 1000tvl, price is similar, also cheap enough, but image quality is wonderful.

Yes i found out small 12v halogen spot lights were the cause for cheap cmos cameras without IR filter to show most black clothes as purple. Thanks for all the information.