HTElectrical

16 Channel Hybrid DVR or separate DVR and NVR?????

I would like to get recommendations on a 16 channel Hybrid DVR. Currently I had a Dahua DH-DVR1604HF-A-E installed, but it is locking up on the initial image for all 16 channels, and after about 5 minutes just reboots. 258778_1.jpg

Customer mentioned that he would like to add at least another 8 cameras, with 8 channels available for future expansion. I discussed possible options with the customer, and suggested the possibility of going with a Hybrid 16 channel DVR. Opinions? Should I just try and get the existing unit warrantied, and then go with a separate NVR or go with a single unit?

Thanks in advance!!!!!

How set are they on keeping the analog? Once they see higher resolution cameras you might be in for a total switch. Just make sure they are committed to keeping what they have in line currently before committing to a hybrid.

Dahua's Hybrid models seem to be getting phased out by Tribrid models. I've never really been a big fan of the Hybrids.

If you want a single unit solution, I can say that the Tribrid DVRs are fantastic. Personally, I wouldn't waste my time on Dahua's Hybrid DVRs anymore.

A separate DVR and NVR wwould work fine and can be brought in to mimic a single unit using software. As long as no one minds that, that might be the more economical option.

How set are they on keeping the analog? Once they see higher resolution cameras you might be in for a total switch. Just make sure they are committed to keeping what they have in line currently before committing to a hybrid.

I am sure they would like to keep the analog, just installed.

What about going with a 16 channel encoder, and then using a single 32 channel NVR?

I am probably going to go with Hikvision IP so everything needs to be compatible.