drbax

DS-2CD2132-I stopped responding

I have a Hikvision DS-2CD2132-I that has been up and running great for about 3 months and all of a sudden I cant connect to it. I cant make a direct connection to it using the IP address and the IVMS software doesn't see it anymore either. When I go outside and look at the camera you can see a small red light on it thats always on so I know the camera isn't dead. The POE switch that the camera is connected to also lights up the LED corresponding to the port that its connected to. Do I need to reset the camera some way? Ive already tried unplugging it from the POE switch and plugging it back in but it still wont respond. No settings have been modified since I first set the camera over 3 months ago. I have 5 other of the same cameras running on my network with no problems. Any help is very much appreciated, thanks.

Have you scanned the network using sadp or an ip scanner...if you didnt set the camera to maintain a static ip address ...it may have changed...

Could be a cable or the switch. I've had more PoE switches fail on me, even high end ones from Cisco and Netgear fail than cameras and not in a easy way, usually some ports work, others don't or it's intermittent.

need to do a hard reset.

i have a hikvision bullet, needs to be hard reset every 3 months, pissing me off really! works for 3 months, then it just crashes internally requiring a hard reset. This is one of my hardest cameras to access, so every year i get to get up there to reset it. Really need to replace this one.

Need to press at the hard reset button while plugging in the ethernet cable, and hold for 10 secs or so until you hear the camera click.

need to do a hard reset.

Yikes, I hope this isn't common with Hikvision cameras.

not too common, i have 12 hikvision cameras installed, i have one that needs to be powercycled every few months, and 1 that needs to be hardreset every few months, every other camera has been flawless.

need to do a hard reset.

Yikes, I hope this isn't common with Hikvision cameras.

No its not...its usually something other than the camera when this happens...run good cable , use a good switch and you will be fine....