vancouverbc

cctv metrics pdf or book online?

Hi everyone,

New here. I have been a telecom tech "installation mostly" and installed, calibrated, tested mostly people counters. I need to get familiar with cctv metrics as I have a interview coming up and if anyone can recommend a book for me so I can strengthen my skill set in the area of cctv cameras. I want to know about lens types, selection, protocols, light levels, band with requirements on cameras, storage requirements and any intelligent software that can detect faces stores on large hard drives.

Thanks much!

I would start hunting for sellers and/or installers with websites that have YouTube channels and blogs. Someone else recently asked the same question and I don't believe anyone was able to come up with anything productive. One of the only additional recommendations I recall was IPVM.com, but that probably isn't going to get you enough of what you're after and it costs money.

I know there's a lot of people on here with there own sites, YouTube channels, blogs, and sources of information that would probably benefit you. You just need to ask for it, or look around the forum a bit.

Ohh I am sure there is a book some where. BTW, the interview was almost sucsessfull. I was a little stunned at the size of the project. This is for the correct placment of 80 cameras on some large stadium over seas "think size of seahawk stadium" and the engineering fim firm is located in Vancouver BC. I did not have enough experiance, or for that matter, training in Autocad. It was a very productive use of my time. I am now really considering taking a Autocad program as It would be help me in securing full time employment.

Update, DARN! why did I not think of seaching on amazon.com to begin with! Came across a book that is 400 pages long and everyone, inclding a engineer, has given it five stars. Ohhh I wish I had this book a month ago plus autocad experiance, and I would have been given a job offer today!

http://www.amazon.com/CCTV-Vlado-Damjanovski/product-reviews/0750671963/ref=cm_cr_dp_see_all_btm?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending

VancouverBC,

I am the founder of IPVM.

We have a free 141 page IP camera ebook that teaches camera fundamentals, lens and camera selection. Here is the direct link to that ebook.

On our paid member side, we have a huge array of training resources covering pretty much everything in video surveillance and access control. You can scan through this directory to see what we cover.