aurmol

remote trigger access

for example.. you saw remotely in your dvr or nvr something such as certain action and you want to trigger an alarm, strobe light or even siren remotely at will (without using motion detection or the alarm input/output of the dvr/nvr).. what device do you use where you can toggle the trigger device remotely on and off?

You can do so easily with any Hikvision and Dahua device that has alarm outputs (be it DVR, NVR, IP camera). Sound a siren, strobe light, open/close a gate, turn on/off lights, etc.

You can do it from mobile, tablet, and PC.

You can do so easily with any Hikvision and Dahua device that has alarm outputs (be it DVR, NVR, IP camera). Sound a siren, strobe light, open/close a gate, turn on/off lights, etc.

You can do it from mobile, tablet, and PC.

What can I look at or where can I go to figure out how to do this. I'm aware of their abilities to do this, but I've never experimented with it myself.

What can I look at or where can I go to figure out how to do this. I'm aware of their abilities to do this, but I've never experimented with it myself.

Here is how to do it from iVMS-4500 (mobile/Hikvision) and DMSS (mobile/Dahua). When you are using a device with alarm outputs, you can turn them on/off manually. The Hikvision device I am using has 4 alarm outputs, the Dahua device has 3 alarm outputs.

259281_1.jpg

259281_2.jpg

You can also do so from the tablet version of each program (iVMS-4500 HD and DMSS HD) and from computer (iVMS-4200 and PSS/Smart PSS). From web interface I think you can only do it with Dahua, at least with Hikvision I have not found the option.

is the above hikvision or dahua? I have the dahua DMSS on android and ipad and pss on pc.. how can I see the option (without any DVR/NVR connected) as I'm still choosing which of the models has this capability...

is the above hikvision or dahua? I have the dahua DMSS on android and ipad and pss on pc.. how can I see the option (without any DVR/NVR connected) as I'm still choosing which of the models has this capability...

Both Hikvision and Dahua, first screenshot is Hikvision iVMS-4500, second is Dahua gDMSS. You have to look for devices with alarm outputs.

Both Hikvision and Dahua, first screenshot is Hikvision iVMS-4500, second is Dahua gDMSS. You have to look for devices with alarm outputs.

Do all brands with alarm outputs (such as dahua) support manual alarm trigger? I bought a brand with this description:

Alarm Output: 4 group, total 32 channel, alarm box output

http://jovisionuk.co.uk/jvs-d6004-h1-4-channel-nvr/2161528

After getting it. I discovered days later it has only RS485 port at the back (see lower page picture of the back panel of the above url). Is there supposed to be a separate alarm box output box to be connected to the RS485 port? All the local technical supports I asked haven't got any experience with alarm outputs so no answer.

Do all brands with alarm outputs (such as dahua) support manual alarm trigger?

Hikvision and Dahua do. Not all of them, it depends on the software.

I bought a brand with this description:

Alarm Output: 4 group, total 32 channel, alarm box output

http://jovisionuk.co.uk/jvs-d6004-h1-4-channel-nvr/2161528

After getting it. I discovered days later it has only RS485 port at the back (see lower page picture of the back panel of the above url). Is there supposed to be a separate alarm box output box to be connected to the RS485 port? All the local technical supports I asked haven't got any experience with alarm outputs so no answer.

That NVR does not have alarm inputs/outputs; at least not on the back. No idea on what a "alarm box" is, something you buy if needed? You should ask them, or check the manual of the unit.

The RS485 is for PTZ cameras, not related to alarms.

I kinda show the deal with this in my video on my Dvr, which is a dahua, as well as demonstrate how it's triggered via pss and wdms.

EYRGLlBj8Go

shockwave, can you pls. try Smart PSS if it can still manually trigger the alarm/relays. it seems there is no more option for it. Pls. verify the case. Thanks.

Here is how to do it from iVMS-4500 (mobile/Hikvision) and DMSS (mobile/Dahua). When you are using a device with alarm outputs, you can turn them on/off manually. The Hikvision device I am using has 4 alarm outputs, the Dahua device has 3 alarm outputs.

259281_1.jpg

259281_2.jpg

You can also do so from the tablet version of each program (iVMS-4500 HD and DMSS HD) and from computer (iVMS-4200 and PSS/Smart PSS). From web interface I think you can only do it with Dahua, at least with Hikvision I have not found the option.

Mindtwist. Can you please confirm if the Smart PSS can turn alarm manually on or off. I read the manual in the web and searched for it but no definite words. Sometimes Smart means Automatic.. so maybe they have removed the feature in the Smart PSS since not much use it? I can't use the older PSS nor dmss since my isp is private dynamic ip with no possibility of ford portforwarding so Smart PSS is the only option.

Mindtwist. Can you please confirm if the Smart PSS can turn alarm manually on or off. I read the manual in the web and searched for it but no definite words. Sometimes Smart means Automatic.. so maybe they have removed the feature in the Smart PSS since not much use it? I can't use the older PSS nor dmss since my isp is private dynamic ip with no possibility of ford portforwarding so Smart PSS is the only option.

Can't tell you, sorry, I do not use Smart PSS.

I have tried it, but it seemed lacking; like it was still beta, in development, I think it is still missing features.

Can't tell you, sorry, I do not use Smart PSS.

I have tried it, but it seemed lacking; like it was still beta, in development, I think it is still missing features.

All else is advanced in the Smart PSS including the ability to send sms. Also the Alarm Out only appear in the PSS in the Device List once the device is connected (not before it is connected.. see shockwave video).. are you aware of this.. so in the Smart PSS, it should also appear only in the device list once the device is actually connected.. is this where you looked for it in the Smart PSS?

All else is advanced in the Smart PSS including the ability to send sms. Also the Alarm Out only appear in the PSS in the Device List once the device is connected (not before it is connected.. see shockwave video).. are you aware of this.. so in the Smart PSS, it should also appear only in the device list once the device is actually connected.. is this where you looked for it in the Smart PSS?

There you go, it does have alarm output.

259435_1.jpg

Cool. Yeah sorry, I don't use smart PSS. Hope it works out for you.

http://www.dahuasecurity.com/products/nvr4204420842164232-p-639.html

Shockwave, let me ask you something rather than start a new thread. Months ago I read in archive you said it's a mystery how can the dahua nvr 4204/8 series with 200Mbps throughput (see details above) can be so cheap than higher models with lower throughput and something's not right.. what have you found out after all these months? My local dealer insists the 4 channel 4204 can only record 1 channel of 1080p and 4 channels of 720p. What's the connection between the 200Mbps throughput and recording? It can support 128 simultaneous users so maybe the thoughput is really the login?