Sign in to follow this  
MPD2011

Remote viewing and recording of 5x Dahua IP Cameras

Hi

I am new to the world of IP cameras and I was wondering is the setup as seen in the attached picture possible.

5 locations each with there own internet and one camera and 1 main location with recording and computer for viewing.

hardware as below and let me know if it needs any changing.

1x Dahua NVR NVR4208

5X Dahua IPC-HDW4300C or IPC-HFW4300S IP Camera

Would like to record at 1080p.

919384548_cctvsetup.jpg.e6565e110b2bea97c63a25e098aa1c08.jpg

How far from your 5 locations to your NVR? It's hard to storage 1080P resolution videos from remote, since each location requires around 4Mbps upload speed Internet for 1080P resolution.

It can be done, if the upload bandwidth on each location is enough for a 1080p stream, and the download bandwidth on the recording location is enough for receiving all those streams. I would say at least 5mbps upload on each site, and 25mbps download where recording.

Keep in mind that any problem on the connections will affect the recordings (if the connection goes down, if the connection is used for other things besides CCTV, etc).

thanks for the information and will it be straight forward to set up the cameras and nvr with setting and IP address.

recorder many be about 50miles away from each location and that's why there is internet connection at each location to

connect everything together.

I forgot al about the upload speed and I was only think about the download speed. thanks MindTwist and will need to find out.

It's not difficult.

First one will probably take more time, next ones should be easier. You will need to configure each connection, do port forwarding on the routers, configure DDNS (you have free DDNS with Dahua IP cameras), etc.