turbo10

SDi V IP

Hi all

I'm a newby so stick with me.

Home use, 4 x HD 1080p cameras, 20 mt range IR

I talk to suppliers and they are telling me for what I want SDi is the way to go and then I speak to another and they say IP and Cat5 is the way.

Can somebody possibly point me in the right direction with an unbiased opinion, make and model of cameras and recorders please. Don't want to spend over the top, £400 / £500 region all in.

Thank you

If you can find a reliable HDSDI camera, I would say that IP and HDSDI are very comparable in image quality. I think your problem is going to be in finding reliable HDSDI models; I don't know of any so I can't help you there.

HDCVI and HDTVI are very slight downgrades to HDSDI that you may want to consider as an alternative. I doubt you'd notice much of a change in picture quality. Both are made by reputable manufacturers and I haven't seen many complaints with either.

My personal preference is IP for whatever that's worth.

If you can find a reliable HDSDI camera, I would say that IP and HDSDI are very comparable in image quality. I think your problem is going to be in finding reliable HDSDI models; I don't know of any so I can't help you there.

HDCVI and HDTVI are very slight downgrades to HDSDI that you may want to consider as an alternative. I doubt you'd notice much of a change in picture quality. Both are made by reputable manufacturers and I haven't seen many complaints with either.

My personal preference is IP for whatever that's worth.

Thanks for the info Don.

Now you have given me more things to contemplate and read up on HDCVI - HDTVI

OFF TOPIC, Was in your city last week, first time visit, enjoyed it immensely, disappointed with the New Freedom Tower, it seems like it needs finishing off at the very top.

Dave

Dave

HDSDI will give you what you need without an issue esp when most are varifocal lens where an IP camera with varifocal will cost twice the amount

I have installed both HDCVI and HDTVI systems and also tested AHD as well but personally i prefer the HDSDI

Your budget is tight but you will have to shop about to make it

Dont get sdi...you want to be able to swap cameras in the future when technology improves.. Run cat6 and use ip cameras...85 bux for a hikvision 2032 on aliexpress...add an NVR or pc based NVR and you are done...You can save lots of work in some cases because you dont have to homerun the cables to the NVR...you can bring the cables to a poe switch somewhere in the house then run a single cable to the NVR. Also you dont need to run independent power ...you just use a poe switch or nvr equipped with poe...

Dont get sdi...you want to be able to swap cameras in the future when technology improves.. Run cat6 and use ip cameras...85 bux for a hikvision 2032 on aliexpress...add an NVR or pc based NVR and you are done...You can save lots of work in some cases because you dont have to homerun the cables to the NVR...you can bring the cables to a poe switch somewhere in the house then run a single cable to the NVR. Also you dont need to run independent power ...you just use a poe switch or nvr equipped with poe...

Hi Boogieman

Strangely enough I was talking to an installer of CCTV systems last Friday and he said to use ip cameras with Cat6 and not Cat5 so I think that's the way I will go.

I know about NVR's but could you clarify please..... "You can save lots of work in some cases because you dont have to homerun the cables to the NVR...you can bring the cables to a poe switch somewhere in the house then run a single cable to the NVR. Also you dont need to run independent power ...you just use a poe switch or nvr equipped with poe."

Many thanks. Dave

What he means is that IP cameras don't normally attach to the back of standalone NVRs, unless they have a built in PoE switch. Most people are not going to recommend a model with built in PoE as having a separate network switch is much better quality and more reliable (among other reasons).

As long as your IP cameras are PoE capable, they can be powered by a PoE network switch as well as being connected to your network from that switch; all you have to do is dedicate one port on the switch to being connected to your router.

The camera feed is brought into the NVR via a device list in the main menu of the NVR. It's very similar to adding video recorders to software for viewing purposes.

It's a couple extra steps to install IP cameras but the steps are simple, and IP cameras are worth it.

It will power the cameras just fine, but if you have four cameras, they'll be taking up all of the available ports. you won't have any way to connect this thing to your network in that case.

You'd need at least a 5 port so that you can connect and power all of your cameras, and the fifth port needs to be used to connect to your network (router/modem/switch). Without being connected to your network, the video is just hitting a dead end and you have no way of connecting with the cameras.

It will power the cameras just fine, but if you have four cameras, they'll be taking up all of the available ports. you won't have any way to connect this thing to your network in that case.

You'd need at least a 5 port so that you can connect and power all of your cameras, and the fifth port needs to be used to connect to your network (router/modem/switch). Without being connected to your network, the video is just hitting a dead end and you have no way of connecting with the cameras.

Thanks for the info Don, sorry for being a pain with what must seem like obvious questions.

Thanks

Dave

Just go for a NVR with POE ports on it, you mentioned for home use so cant be very long cable runs, put the NVR in attic and Run CAT6 to router and your on the network for remote and local access

TV upstairs with HDMI ? Drop HDMI from NVR to it and you have live feed at 1080p

Hello Everyone!

This is Mike, we are a manufacturer of SDI, TVI, CVI and IP cameras.

4CH SDI DVR Kits with 20m IR distance, Factory prices is $330.0.

For comparison of SDI, TVI, CVI

Image quality: SDI better than TVI and CVI

System Cost: CVI and TVI low than SDI

Stability: All quality are stable

Color rendition: SDI better than TVI, TVI better than CVI

CVI color is light than real, TVI and SDI is close to real but little deep.

Coaxial Protocol: TVI and CVI support, SDI under research

Power on Coaxial: All under research

AF Zoom(Auto Focus): All support

For IP

Indeed, wireless is not very safe than wire in Europe countries.

Since network in Europe is so cheap, and if thieves know the frequency of IP cameras, he will know how to interfere signal and IPC don't alarm.

if wire IP cameras, the cable may be cheaper, but 1080P signal is 3Gb/s, Cat 5 max 1.5Gb/s, how can NVR ensure there is no pictures losing in transmission? Even compression, it can't ensure losing pictures. After all, it have delay also.

If use Cat 6 or Cat 7, this problems should be solved, but delay still exist. So need to wait good solutions to reduce delay.

Any more questions, you can send emails to me.

My company email is lntech6@lntech.com.cn

Whatsapp/Wechat: 0086 137 9850 8570

QQ: 923691159

Have a good day! all friends