frosted

anyone know much about Arecont Vision kit?

been looking at details on this stuff and got a call from a chap there 2day. seems very very good!

anyone here had any experience with it?

Picture is excellent and price is suprisingly very good for mega-pixel cameras. SW is very basic. Features incl:

- PoE cameras

- motion detection

- better than HDTV quality images

- fast frame rate (up to 30ips in some cases

- Basic sw (record, playback, cam. adjustments, etc.)

- Digital Zoom (live / playback)

- easy to install using auot-find/install sw tool

I think once they start interfacing with other sw programs, they'll do better because their sw is very basic.

And, last but no least, not to state the obvious - Bandwidth, storage... can u say a lot (65GB for 1 day when recording at 5ips - 3mp camera)!!!!!!! However, I still can't get over the image and how fast the frame rate is. Also, I see on their website (www.arecontvision.com) that they'll be at the ISC West show.

thanks for that info both of you.

the image quality seems amazing. dont see how i can get anything like that with anologe cameras to be honest.

of course the storeage is and issue. but with the price of hds being so little if you build the nvr yourself (the best option imho) then chucking it 2 terra is no great deal.

Yep, the next question is, how good is the camera .. power board/circuits, etc, in other words, how long will they generally last and what is the warranty. You buy something like an Extreme CCTV camera with the knowledge that it is going to outlast most other brands. ..

what would be nice, this may already be done, is if they give out an SDK or protocols needed to connect to them in various code or at least VC++ and VBasic .. would be nice to get the SDK for Geo and incorporate these into a custom version of Geo ... Split the signal off to 2 PCs, one with the Geo and one with software that handles its high res and storage

I have installed Arecont Vision 3130 dual lens 3Megapixel/1.3Megagixel cameras. I'm running them with LuxRiot software on dual core Pentium computer. My systems are hybrid with analog capture cards and a mix of analog cameras, IP cameras standard res (640x480) and MegaPixel cameras. I use 2 hard drives, one for Windows operating system, and software programs and a 500Gb drive for video data only. Thumbs up from me for both LuxRiot and Arecont Vision.

just read the Genetech also implemented the Arecont cameras in their software.

Not sure if the 360° model is also put in.