Sign in to follow this  
jazzgtrl4

why are all the cameras that come in kits "White" now

Just wondering. i have an old analog system that i want to upgrade from the cams are all dark grey... but all the kits from costco etc.. cameras are painted White? why is this? i like the dark color..I guess i could pait them or powder coat them but there goes the warranty.

Because... sales.

We do sell most of our models in white and dark (black, grey, etc).I would say that out of every 10 sales, 8 would be white, 1 black, 1 dark grey. So if you have to stock just a small number of products, of course it makes a lot more sense to stock them in white.

That sucks, white cameras do me no good. i live in the desert, dark painted house, desert colors....white cams against browns/dark browns looks like ****. Plus i like my cams to be be hidden, up under eves..etc. any other ideas?

That sucks, white cameras do me no good. i live in the desert, dark painted house, desert colors

Perhaps it's because most residential installations are mounted up in places like eaves which are usually painted white? A white camera blends in naturally on a house with white trim.

I second the recommendation for the Kyrlon Camo ultra-flat spray paint. I have painted several of my outdoor cam housings and this paint holds up quite well.

That sucks, white cameras do me no good. i live in the desert, dark painted house, desert colors

Perhaps it's because most residential installations are mounted up in places like eaves which are usually painted white? A white camera blends in naturally on a house with white trim.

I second the recommendation for the Kyrlon Camo ultra-flat spray paint. I have painted several of my outdoor cam housings and this paint holds up quite well.

Cool, good to know its been done with the camo paint.