Sign in to follow this  
mhz

HIK Vision iVMS-4200 PCNVR Software and mobile devices

Hi all,

I have just taken delivery of a couple of HIK Vision DS-2CD2732F-IS cameras and am currently testing them out on a small Intel NUC comptuer

My aim is to have some sort of mobile access to the cameras (which will expand later on up to around 8 ) on my ipad.

Currently I am trialing the HIK Vision iVMS-4200 PCNVR software as well as the Milestone software to try and find the best solution

I am wondering if there is a way to use my ipad currently with the HIK software. It would seem at the moment from what I have seen that the HIK app for ipad will only connect to a standalone HIK DVR. Am I correct in my assumption or is there a way to connect my ipad to the PCNVR software?

Thanks

Edited by Guest

I just retested your theory and it works. I knew it worked but had to make sure before i replied to you. You can add the PC_NVR, individually cameras or the DVR/NVR and it will pull all cameras to live view. I tested it with our app, they are all the same but we work out bugs quicker and less down time. Its called UNITY C2020 and you can download it from the app store and use it. The only thing it does not have is the Cloud service which is practically unusable because they cannot get there servers to work properly. It will work but will keep crashing. So i recommend you use our version, just an fyi.

I just retested your theory and it works. I knew it worked but had to make sure before i replied to you. You can add the PC_NVR, individually cameras or the DVR/NVR and it will pull all cameras to live view. I tested it with our app, they are all the same but we work out bugs quicker and less down time. Its called UNITY C2020 and you can download it from the app store and use it. The only thing it does not have is the Cloud service which is practically unusable because they cannot get there servers to work properly. It will work but will keep crashing. So i recommend you use our version, just an fyi.

Have you actually had it running on the native HIK app?

I have seen vidoes where people have referred to a mobile section on the PCNVR software but the version I have downloaded from HIK's website has no such options, hence I have no idea which ports to use etc

I have seen vidoes where people have referred to a mobile section on the PCNVR software but the version I have downloaded from HIK's website has no such options, hence I have no idea which ports to use etc

Yes i have it running on the HIK PCNVR and connected to it through IVMS iPhone APP.

Which version of the PCNVR do you have and you are trying to view cameras internally and externally from your network right.

Yes i have it running on the HIK PCNVR and connected to it through IVMS iPhone APP.

Which version of the PCNVR do you have and you are trying to view cameras internally and externally from your network right.

I am using Hikvision iVMS-4200 PCNVR v1.02.00.03 (Windows)

At the moment only trying to get it working internally, once I have that going I can get it going externally myself

I don't know why it would do that. But here is the latest PCNVR (vs 1.3.6.2) http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/portal/index.php?dir=Software/01%20%20%20Video%20Management%20Software/01%20%20%20iVMS4200-PCNVR/Hikvision%20iVMS-4200%20PCNVR%20v1.3.6.2%20%28Windows%29/

When clicking on the link, bare with it, because there servers are a little slow opening up the website but will open up within a few seconds. also if you cannot download that file i can dropbox it to you if you cannot download it

Download it and use it instead of the one you have and in your configuration settings you will see your Network Settings and set your IP and using IVMS-4500 on your iOS device enter your ip address and it should work. I have mine setup and works flawlessly internally. Make sure your firewall and network sharing settings on your computer are not blocking any connections coming in. Disable firewall and any kind of internet/firewall/antivirus protection software to do some testing and see if that works. If still having an issue, i don't mind remotely coming in through teamviewer on your computer and taking a look to see what is going on.

here is a snapshot of my configs just in case you need it.

Got it! All working now, thanks a lot for your help!