Sign in to follow this  
Mohan

How to connect

Hello , Just signed up minutes ago out of desperation. This is my maiden post and please bear with me if I am not using the correct term. But you are welcome to correct me. Just bought this cctv system last week and was so eager to get it installed that i failed to do a proper planning and now i am stuck.

The cameras are intended to be installed outside the house so i managed to drill a hole thru the wall. Unfortunately the hole is not large enough for my connectors (pre made siamese twin cables ) to pass thru the hole. Hole cannot be enlarged any bigger due to some restriction. I thought i found a solution when i came across the screw type connectors for both BNC and Power cable. So i cut off the original BNC and Power cable from siamese twin wire and managed to get the wire out thru the hole. The BNC connector has 2 wires, the shielded and a single strand so no problem one goes to + the other - . However i am stuck with this Power cable. There is only a single wire but the connector has a positive and negative input. How am i going to connect this. Hope someone could help me out.

575881863_IMG_37691.JPG.18f2dbefa607183b2022b5372e8e2fa5.JPG

On the cheap pre made cables, the shield is shared between the video and power.

Oh really. So thankful for the quick response. So the shield should be connected to minus?. By the way will a better quality cable provide a sharper image?. How to tell apart a cheap shield sharing cable from a non sharing cable as I intend to purchase from Ebay?.

That is DC power Male jack.

this is used to transmit power to camera from camera side.

DO NOT USE PREMADE CABLE.

Premade cable is usually cheap and of lower quality.

this will effect picture quality.

use rg59 siamese 95% copper.

http://winbo.ca/index.php/products/cables-wires/cctv-cables/sec-rg59-500b-detail

personal message me if you have any more questions I dont check topics frequently.