300winmag

Help with changing the IP address on Q-see camera.

Current system is a Hikvision 7732NI-SP NVR with six Hikvision DS-2CD2732F-IS camera's but.... I need a few more cameras

I bought two Q-see QCN8012B cameras but I am assuming I have to change the IP addy seeings how they don't work on the NVR, So I hooked the cameras and computer to the PoE injector but nothing comes up. I would have thought the cameras would have software built into them for plug and play on PC.?.?.? I went to Q-see's site but remote viewing isn't what I am after and the camera's didn't come with any software.

Can someone shed some light on how I can make these camera's work please.

I'm too new to post links but if you go to costco.com, look up item #916876, that system uses the QCN8012b, then go to the bottom of the page it has the manual for your camera as a pdf. It's pretty extensive, should be able to find what you need in there.

Good luck.

Cody, thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately i still need the "IP tool software" that comes with these camera's.... except mine lol

You can try using dahuas tool and see if that works...if you are able to find the default ip address you dont need the tool at all...you can log directly into the camera by hooking your camera up to the pc (or pc to poe switch, with no router attached) and changing the ipv4 address settings..there are bunch of posts on how to do it here...

As an aside, you should not be mixing and matching ip cameras from other brands with your NVR..its just asking for trouble...the feed will work but motion detection and alerts may not.

I previously tried to do the PoE to PC with no luck, nothing comes up software wise.

I didn't even think about using dahuas tools... I will give that a shot.

Good tip about mixing cameras, I will keep an eye on it.

Thanks a bunch!

EDIT:

I am on Windows 64 which one am I supposed to use to change the ip? There are a gazillion of them and I have not a clue which one is which

Howdy,

If you have a router connected, I would look up what ip address it pulled. I can't remember off the bat what the address was, but you also need to add port 85 at the end to gain access.

Q-See defaults to using a DHCP address. Log into the router and see what address it pulled

use: admin

password: admin

check LAN connection box

configure you camera