Sign in to follow this  
alexf40

CCTV advice for renovation

Hi everyone,

I'd really appreciate your advice as this is my first CCTV system and I've already made a mistake

Firstly I purchased a Y Cam bullet gen 2, and have since realised that this probably wasn't worth the additional cost over the Hikvision.

I've been looking at ordering 4x 2132 Hikvision domes as well as the Y Cam bullet, for my house, but I'm not sure on the best approach to ensure there are no blind spots.

The house is on a hill with the garage under the front of the house. I'd like a camera on the inside of the garage in case it is ever broken in to.

http://yamahaclub.com/images/IMG_3596.JPG

I've uploaded a quick sketch of the house above, and would really appreciate some help on what cameras to buy and lenses?

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers

Alex

I would not use the 2132..its is only two axis, which means it cannot be wall mounted without a mount...also its susceptible to ir reflection causing a foggy image...you are way better off with the 2332/3332 turret camera..you can mount it anywhere and the ir is better...you need to figure out the lens size yourself. the 2.8 will be wider but you will loose a bit of clarity because the megapixels are spread over more area...i would get one of each test at each location and decide for yourself..

Thanks will take a look at the other camera. Our whole house as flat eaves so positioning luckily should be easy with any of them. From looking at the turret I was wondering if it's worth paying a little extra for the DS-2CE16C4P but I can't find any reviews on it.

The camera you mentioned is analog..so you cant use it..i think you meant this camera

DS-2CD2232-I5..note that it is not available with a 2.8mm lens like the turret..

It may be worth it.....

If you are looking at bullets you may want to consider the DS-2CD2T32 however i have not seen anyone test it yet..

It is available with 30m, 50m, or 80m ir..but the minimum lens is 4mm

http://www.hikvision.com/UploadFile/image/2014101311390770075.pdf

Thanks I didn't realise it was an analog camera. I've just been reading about all the IR reflection issues, definitely going to go with the turrets. Thank you.

Now just need to work out the best positioning...