slopolytech

iDMSS Plus - Push events will only show up if app is open

I have been having a hell of a time trying to figure out and the push notification event feature for iDMSS Plus for iPhone. Currently, events will only appear in the "Event List" if the iDMSS Plus app is open. Although I see each event notification pop up on my phone, when I open the app the event is not listed there. If I leave the app open, events show up as I would expect them to. Did they seriously design this app like this or should all of these events be showing up even when the app is closed? Remote playback works just fine, but having the event list is a critical component to checking your recorded events remotely.

ANY help is MUCH appreciated!! I am going crazy trying to figure this out. Thanks!!

177054397_photo1.PNG.82bace209788e2d19f66b8a74a780d75.PNG

1291483619_photo2.thumb.PNG.c7ceb9189f5aa9352a170f6dd1dc4c33.PNG

I have been having a hell of a time trying to figure out and the push notification event feature for iDMSS Plus for iPhone. Currently, events will only appear in the "Event List" if the iDMSS Plus app is open. Although I see each event notification pop up on my phone, when I open the app the event is not listed there. If I leave the app open, events show up as I would expect them to. Did they seriously design this app like this or should all of these events be showing up even when the app is closed? Remote playback works just fine, but having the event list is a critical component to checking your recorded events remotely.

I only have Android, and in both gDMSS (Nexus 4) and gDMSS HD (Nexus 10) I do get to see all events always. I do not need to have the app open. If the app is closed, I will get the push notification. When I open the app, on the event list I will see all events in there. I think it should be the same on iOS.

I've heard of a couple bugs with the idmss app. I tend to think this is a bug. When was the app last updated?

I am glad to hear that this is likely a bug that they will fix. I just checked and they updated the app on 10/12/14

Can anyone decipher what they are trying to say in the screenshot below?

update.thumb.PNG.19f971034dbe137380db12c1fd120eca.PNG

If you haven't yet, you could disable push notification and then re-enable it, what they call 'subscribe'. It's just turning it off and then on again. But I think it's just a bug they need to work out. Hope it's quick for you.

So Dahua updated the iOS app on 12/10 and push notifications STILL don't work. As stated before, I get the actual push notifications on the home/lock screen but the events don't show up in iDMSS unless the app is open WHILE the event is happening. Can anyone chime in as to if this is happening to everybody or just me?

Thanks!

Hi. Push had a security problem and the past two updates to the app sorted them out.

But with push fix on apps you also need to load the latest firmware for your recorder. Old push will not work with old app.

Try mobile vms lite if on iPhone (vms lite has been removed for iPads ) if you can't get latest firmware for recorder

Ok, tried it. And the event does not show up on iPhone until you click on the event on the notification bar (or whatever it is called on iOS).

That is; the push event happens, and I got the notification on both my Nexus 4 and the test iPhone. On my Nexus 4 I open gDMSS Plus, go to notifications list, and I have the push notification that just happened lister. On the iPhone I go to iDMSS Plus, check the notification list, and there is nothing new in there. But, if I close iDMSS Plus, and click on the notification event, it will open iDMSS Plus and show me the recorded event. Now if I go to the events list, I will see it there.

On a similar note, gdmss HD lite got an update as well and the ptz controller is awesome. But it doesn't have push and not sure I want to spend another 10 bucks for the plus version. But it sure is good. Sorry to hear about continued ios trouble. Even in gdmss plus, I always click on the notification event and it puts me in the app for playback and always lists it.

Ok, tried it. And the event does not show up on iPhone until you click on the event on the notification bar (or whatever it is called on iOS).

That is; the push event happens, and I got the notification on both my Nexus 4 and the test iPhone. On my Nexus 4 I open gDMSS Plus, go to notifications list, and I have the push notification that just happened lister. On the iPhone I go to iDMSS Plus, check the notification list, and there is nothing new in there. But, if I close iDMSS Plus, and click on the notification event, it will open iDMSS Plus and show me the recorded event. Now if I go to the events list, I will see it there.

Yep, you just described EXACTLY what is happening to me, too! Thanks for the reply, glad it's not just me.

On a similar note, gdmss HD lite got an update as well and the ptz controller is awesome. But it doesn't have push and not sure I want to spend another 10 bucks for the plus version. But it sure is good. Sorry to hear about continued ios trouble. Even in gdmss plus, I always click on the notification event and it puts me in the app for playback and always lists it.

Thanks! If I click on the notification as it shows up on my phone, then it will show up in the events list. It would be nice if they designed this software to work like Geovision does with their apps. They don't rely on push notifications but rather interfaces directly with the DVR events list. I could be without service for a week and launch the Geovision app and it would list every single event, which is how it should be!! I don't know why it is so friggin hard for all these manufacturers to develop a WORKING app to remotely view events! Hopefully Dahua will actually start testing their apps before blindly releasing "updates" that don't work.

Yeah every time I see its been updated I cringe and hope nothing has been broken and bugs have been fixed for everyone who needs it. I still think overall it's a great app.

Sounds like a problem I found with our own version of idmss, was only affecting iphones and was preventing push notifications being viable. Should have a fix soon as I have a updated version for testing that does work, just want to be sure theres no other bugs

So Dahua released another update on 2-26-15 that had some nice feature improvements. However, I STILL cannot get push events to work. Same situation as above, events will only show up if iDMSS is open when the event occurs. Can anybody confirm this too?

Thanks!

Hi all,

since the latest update with the logins and all, the Alarm manager dont work anymore.

When i received a notification and click on it, it tries to open the main stream playback but fails.

posted this on another forum already.

Hey guys, found this topic using Google.

It is 2021 and I'm still having this issue with DMSS for iPhone. Did anyone found a solution?