Sign in to follow this  
zerocarpileup

Recently burglerized. So many systems online. Help me find 1

Hello guys. im new to the forum and have been on it for the last week looking for answers. I was recently burglarized and was only a few minutes of it being an actual home invasion/robbery.

Im looking online for the right system but there are literally hundreds of systems and thousands of separate camera/dvr combinations.

Budget of about $500 give or take, willing to piece the system together also.

A few preferences are

-Non-PC will be connected to a television.

-8ch

-Remote Viewing (a must)

-Hard wired

-Truly weatherproof cameras (a Must)

-Burn capability

-Preferably larger memory maybe 2TB and compression capable

Awhile back I had a cheap Q-see system that didn't do the job. The cameras went out 1 by 1 as they got exposed to the weather. I realize the term "weather resistant" doesn't mean much here in Chicago.

Please help guys. My wife and kids are freaking out and its crunch time to get this done before the snow comes.

Start reading this forum and learning about systems..

You will need to increase your budget if you want 8 cams..otherwise you will end up with analog junk...

You want something fast and good. Get this for 799/..this is a rebranded hikvision system..run a single ethenet cable to each camera as they are POE...

http://www.costco.com/Swann-8-Channel-HD-NVR-Security-System-with-2TB-HDD-and-4-3MP-HD-IP-Cameras.product.100146086.html

You can add more cams later you can use hikvisions that you can purchase for 85 via china...

also understand that camera will not protect you from burglary...i

You might want an alarm as a deterrent..

For a $500 budget, your requirements are unrealistic; $500.00 is going to buy you junk. Do you want to deter, or do you want to watch a grainy image of robbers stealing from you? If you want to deter, harden your residence and up your hardware budget to $2,000. All cameras do is record what is happening...they don't stop anyone. However, cameras can deter because thieves attack soft targets. Cameras can be a definite deterrence, but not if they are hard to see. In addition to a quality surveillance system you should harden all entries to the residence. Get a barky dog. Put up prominently displayed video surveillance signs. Post NRA stickers. Install motion activated lighting. You need to put a comprehensive security plan in place. IMO, all $500 is going to do is buy you a false sense of security and put you off guard.