reeves1985

hikvision ds-2cd2032 nas help

I'm having some issues getting bad to work correctly

I have 2 of the cameras in title and am using nas4free as the has server

There problems I am having are:

1. The cameras will stop recording when the storage gets full.

I have made sure the overwrite option Is turned on. When the storage gets full the cameras go into an offline state and need reinitialising to get them to work again

also when they get full I cannot view the recordings.

2. The cameras also seem to randomly go to a unitialized state and offline requiring them to be reinitialized which again renders any recording useless.

Does anybody have a good guide to getting these cameras working with nas4free.

The firmware version is 5.1.0 on the cams.

I have been playing with the idea of using a dlink sharecenter nas but I would like if possible to get the current setup working which will give me more budget to upgrade the storage

As much as I would love to update the fw these are Chinese cams and don't fancy applying the fix and patch etc

admitadly I haven't done much reading lately to see if the patch has become easier

I have been reading about the nfs shares and it seems that these cans need the quota setting for them to work properly

In nas4free this is via zfs

I'm a bit of a newbie to all this even though I have had the cams a while now so just trying to get my head around all things nas and specifically nas4free etc so any help would be appreciated

I have basically the same setup. Sounds like maybe there is a share/dataset/datapool problem.

few questions:

How big is the drive?

how many shares do you have setup?

did you set a quota for the dataset?

The drive isn't big as its just testing things at the moment it's a 500gb drive I'm hoping Santa brings me new components to build my own nas hence the reason for the question

I think I may have got it to work now I'm just waiting for the drive to fill to make sure it doesn't change back to uninitialized

I basicly ended up setting up a zfs pool with quotas etc for each cam which seems fine at the min

Before I just had nfs shares setup which I don't think you can use the quotas if it's setup like that

I may be wrong and have missed a few things but like above I'm just trying to test what works before embarking on getting a proper nas build up and running