Sign in to follow this  
gavin.starr

CCTV system required

Hi Guys and Gals,

Im a complete newbie to cctv systems, but due to a few car breakins and car parts being stolen off my car on my driveway, im feeling the need for some form of deterant and a means of catching the little bleeders in the act.

I'll be honest and say I dont have a massive butget £350 max and I wouldnt need any more than 3 cameras (a 4th could be an added bonus in my bay window for head height capturing).

I have my eye on a few off the shelf systems but I have no idea if they are any good or just complete garbage.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/swann-960h-1tb-8-channel-cctv-kit-with-4-bullet-cameras-a92qz#tab_reviews

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/networking/networking/home-security-automation/samsung-sds-p3042-four-camera-four-channel-cctv-kit-500-gb-10071812-pdt.html

I would like a good quality image so that faces can be recognisable and not blured and for the system to be night vision compatible as the thefts are happening at night.

Any help you guys could give would be great. I ideally want to get something installed this weekend so im in a bit of a rush so to speak but i dont just want to jump in and buy some rubbish.

I appologise if this question has been asked a million times but i just need some help.

Gavin

In addition to a cam I'd invest in a motion detection spot light. They are cheap. Throw some halogens in there and snag anybody on your driveway.

Hi Guys and Gals,

Im a complete newbie to cctv systems, but due to a few car breakins and car parts being stolen off my car on my driveway, im feeling the need for some form of deterant and a means of catching the little bleeders in the act.

I'll be honest and say I dont have a massive butget £350 max and I wouldnt need any more than 3 cameras (a 4th could be an added bonus in my bay window for head height capturing).

I have my eye on a few off the shelf systems but I have no idea if they are any good or just complete garbage.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/swann-960h-1tb-8-channel-cctv-kit-with-4-bullet-cameras-a92qz#tab_reviews

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/networking/networking/home-security-automation/samsung-sds-p3042-four-camera-four-channel-cctv-kit-500-gb-10071812-pdt.html

I would like a good quality image so that faces can be recognisable and not blured and for the system to be night vision compatible as the thefts are happening at night.

Any help you guys could give would be great. I ideally want to get something installed this weekend so im in a bit of a rush so to speak but i dont just want to jump in and buy some rubbish.

I appologise if this question has been asked a million times but i just need some help.

Gavin

Installed this weekend? Not sure what type of systems they sell over there but I would just go to a big box retailer and see whatever they have and make sure it has a good return policy. Go for an IP system (not the HD analog stuff - good but not "future proof" IMO).

Whenever selecting a CCTV system must identify if this meets your requirements. Very first among this provides the time period you would like the monitoring system to become upward. One day everyday lengthy? What type of technical advancements? Face recognition along with a warning program that rings a good alarm to advise you to a good intruder may also be an attribute. You might also need an option between monochrome digital cameras and full color cameras. Whilst color could be the more costly from the 2, in case you require accurate detail and film quality after that choosing a color CCTV system will probably be your best option. Selecting the actual cameras define your own CCTV system depends on the high quality and fine detail of the monitoring you need.